1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
You can find all you want in a Colt 1911 for under 2k. But then I'm biased.
Exactly! Colt is showing up with many, many fine 1911s under 2K as we speak.
I have three Colt 1911s at this time. Used to have more(of the 1970s models).
I am also thinking to add a few Colt 1911 this year. Colts bite hard and they are kicking again!:rock:

· Registered
98 Posts
For me, I can't justify 2 grand for any pistol!

I currently have 3: a Colts MKIV Series 70, a Springfield Armory Trophy Match, and a Ruger Commander (still waiting on the permit). In all honesty, I am very content with the reliability of the Colts and Springfield. The Springfield is my bullseye gun, and the Colt taught me the virtue of a 1911. I expect no less from the Ruger when it comes home with me.

I can understand that you have set a budget for yourself, but what exactly are you looking for this up to 2 grand 1911 being able to do? You can find many mission capable 1911s for a lot less. The money you save you can put into either ammo or a reloading press so you can hone your skills!
Well, I used to think the same way.
Along the ride, I found that we are not buying the 1911s for utilitarian purposes only. We like to feel, ogle, hear the sounds, discuss, etc. with the collections that we have. So, for most of us here, it's also about passion. That is hard to explain. I have about 10 1911s ranging from $400.00 to $5,000.00 pieces. Spent way more on a gun that I used to compete with.
So you see, it's the enjoyment that dictates the expenditure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.