Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Raptor II

Votes: 20 33.9%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I plan on purchasing my first 1911 on Saturday and I've narrowed it down to three: Raptor II, Tactical Custom II, or the Eclpise Custom II. Just wanted to get your opinions. I have not fired any of these seeing I can't find them at the local ranges but I have shot a Gold Match II and my dad's Warrior. I think I'm leaning towards the Raptor but I like the aluminium frame on the tactical. I think the eclipse is still in cuz it look nice. This will be primarily a target gun as my brother and I tend to go shooting a lot. I will also keep in my in car but I don't plan on concealing just yet. Well, what do you guys think? Also, for extra mags, would you recomend I buy Kimber or go with a different brand like Wilson Combat? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
Find a used Clackamas Custom :)

Can we choose what color shirt you wear Saturday as well?

·
Registered
948 Posts
I voted for the Raptor II. Next would be the Tac II. I think the Eclipse's look good but their finish is to delicate for me.
Tomcatt

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Buy the one you like the most. All other opinions are superfluous.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I'd buy them all, that way you don't have to think about it!

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for you input! I think I want the Tactical due to it's weight and the fact that it just looks better than the other two. But who knows, when I hold em all one may just grow on me.

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
If you're in the DFW area, Sporting Arms can probably save you some money. They're in Lewisville but most of the business is online so they can still help you.

I agree, get what works best for you. Every one will have their own opinion. Kind of like toilet tissue. :D

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I'm in DFW, Coppell actually. I'm going to the gun show at Will Rogers this weekend and planed on buying there.

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
Yeah, I'm in DFW, Coppell actually. I'm going to the gun show at Will Rogers this weekend and planed on buying there.
Wouldn't hurt to call and get Becky to get you a quote before hand to make sure you're getting a deal. Since you're in Coppell you're about as close as I am. They're just off 3040 near the Lewisville/Flower Mound border. Tom and Becky are great to work with and are Kimber Master Dealers.

www.sportingarms.com

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd buy them all, that way you don't have to think about it!
That is what I am talking about. You sound more like me the more I read your posts. Get the one that you want man. It is your money and your gun. You will be the one that shoots it. I would go with the Tactical. THat is the one that I am going to by next.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would you all recomend I use Kimber mags or should I go with some Wilson Combats?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well some people does not like the Kimber mags for some reason but, i have not had a problem with them. Go to http://www.the-armory.com. I found Kimber Tac mags for $16 a piece. That is half of Kimber web site.:rock:

·
Registered
8 Posts
First, get the Tactical, it sounds as if that is the one you like the best. Second, put your second choice on layaway. And last, go to the range and have some fun.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to call and get Becky to get you a quote before hand to make sure you're getting a deal. Since you're in Coppell you're about as close as I am. They're just off 3040 near the Lewisville/Flower Mound border. Tom and Becky are great to work with and are Kimber Master Dealers.

www.sportingarms.com
+1 for Tom and Becky they get all my business.:rock:

·
Registered
65 Posts
JP PAGE,

Have you decided which one that you are going to buy. You will like either one that you buy. I am looking forward to buying my next one.:rock: Post Pics. as soon as you get it.:rock:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts