1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, I finally got my Bill Wilson Carry 45 ACP. Pictures tomorrow. I have only had bench time testing, cleaning, and lubing so far.

·
Super Moderator
14,598 Posts
Looking forward to the pics.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Congrats! Is yours the current version with a rail, x-tac treatment or his earlier version?
Regardless, top tier carry piece in my favorite 1911 caliber ;)

·
Super Moderator
14,598 Posts
Very nice, and I think you will be happy with how the X pattern treats your clothes during carry. Let us know how your range sessions go, and congrats!

·
Banned
13,565 Posts
I've not yet figured out why WC (or anyone else for that matter) puts a rail on a "carry" pistol. I don't know of anyone who carries with e light or a laser on their gun.

Bueller??? Bueller????

Other than that....nice gun.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
re: rail; seems like in a couple of videos I've seen with Bill, he mentioned putting a light on his carry gun for nightstand duty.

·
Banned
7,779 Posts
I've not yet figured out why WC (or anyone else for that matter) puts a rail on a "carry" pistol. I don't know of anyone who carries with e light or a laser on their gun.

Bueller??? Bueller????

It's just nice to have and if I'm not somewhere I really need to conceal my guns have lights in them if they have rails

·
Super Moderator
14,598 Posts

Bueller??? Bueller????

As far as carry - off-duty police officers and private security guards during low-light shifts. As mentioned by J Scott above, Bill can use his carry gun during the daytime without the light, but for night work (like dispatching wounded hogs during night hunts) the light is attached and his carry gun is what he practices the most with. Use your imagination to think of other possible applications - I'm sure there are some.

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
My EDC X9 is my only railed gun and when carried it does not have a light on it. During the time it spends as a bedroom gun it has a TLR-8 on it. I do have a holster that accommodates the TLR-8 but have not really used it.

There are many that do prefer to carry a gun with an attached light at all times.

·
Super Moderator
14,598 Posts
Very slick! I really like those Black Cherry G10 grips on there; my X9 has that color grips as well and looks very nice with them. Congrats again!

·
Banned
7,779 Posts
Really nice!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Something tells me WC may be taking a few more orders for this model after seeing your photos. Well done, sir!

·
Banned
13,565 Posts
re: rail; seems like in a couple of videos I've seen with Bill, he mentioned putting a light on his carry gun for nightstand duty.
My solution would be 2 guns......LOL!

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Thanks for posting the extra photos, it is an extremely nice looking gun.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts