1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C.D. Mauser Rifles?

Anyone bought one of these rifles??? how available are parts for them? how well do they shoot? are they of a good quality? anyone had any problems with them before? anyways i've been searching high and low for a fair priced left handed rifle. any type of info on these rifles would be great. thanks....

,Trent

·
Registered
12 Posts
Trent,

Currently Charles Daly has left handed Superior grade Mauser action rifles in .223 and .30-06. We also have LH Barreled Actions (no stocks) in those same calibers as well as LH Actions Only in the mini-mauser with a .386" bolt face and 2.29" mag length which accomodates .222 to .223 Rem. Daly also has a standard mauser action of the LH variety with a .470" bolt face and 3-3/8" mag length for 7X57 - .30-06.

Get one of these to your favorite custom rifle maker and have them build what you want.

These rifles/barreled actions/actions are manufacturered by Zastava and were previously imported by Interams as the MarkX. In the early 1990s the Balkin states became the bad guys and their products were under an embargo. Consequently they haven't been available for quite some time.

The embargo was lifted several years ago, but a prohibitive tariff was imposed. However, Serbia - Monetnegro (what use to be part of Yugoslavia) was recently granted normalized trade status and these rifles/actions/barreled actions will soon be available. Check with your favorite wholesale distributor mid to late January.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you give me any websites where i might be able to find some more info on them, where i can find out quality, how well they shoot, how available parts are, adjustable triggers reliability ? etc..... also i live up north in Canada. Can i still get one of these rifles up here? or would it have to be special ordered from the states?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Trent,

I have one of the Interarms Mark X Mausers.

Its a very nice rifle, nice finish, nice wood. If the new ones are as nice, you should be very hapy with it.

Mine is in .30-06

Shoots great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right now i'm debating on the Charles Daly MAsuer Rifle in 30-06
the Remington 700 BDL
and the Ruger M77 Mark ll
the Chalres daly rifle is about 200 dollars cheaper.
but i still dont know how available parts are in my area and if i can even get one here in Canada??? if anyone else has these rifles or know anyone who owns one. feed my for info....
thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Trent,

The Charles Daly line is available in Canada through our distributor R. Nicholls in Montreal. Have your dealer contact them for availability of the Daly Mauser rifles.

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
I have a 10 year old Mark X .223 Mini that shoots 1MOA with Federal AE. It's a keeper. I'm going to get one of the CD Mausers in .308 as soon as I can scrape up the cash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts