1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has offered to put a C-more system on my (hers/ours) P14-45 as my Christmas present, this year.

None of my local gun shops have mounted one. I'm (maybe unduly) concerned about the mounting and the alignment of sight to barrel (yea, I know the sights are asjustable, but I figure the closer to nominal the relationship of the barrel centerline is to the center of adjustability of the sight the better off I am).

If I have to send the whole thing out of town to have the work done who do I contract to do the job .... and how much do I expect it to cost?

JH

------------------
The 2nd Amendment is the 1st Freedom.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
i would check out dawson precision, he sell a aluminum c-more mount for the slide ride, that i prefer over the plastic intergrel mount that c-more sells. It been a long time since i had a frame drilled and tapped, but most gunsmiths charge by the hole.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
good advise
Dawson does good work and does todds work now.

the gun is a 45 and the c-some is close to the top of the slide and you still need the large 45 case to eject.

an alum mount will keep the case mouth from sticking in the plastic and bouncing back in the chamber.

I personally do not like a dust cover mount on a already thin soft para. I prefer to bolt it in the thick part of the frame but that is clearly opinion.

good luck to you
geo ><>

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Hi George,
I've been using Caspian mounts that I modify a little so far I 've not had any problems on the Para's. Not trying to pry but I would be interested in what type of mount you recommend on the Para's.
Regards, Bob Hunter www.huntercustoms.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts