1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that C&S makes a wide trigger for bning hi power that is described as a "drop-in" part by Brownells.

Has anyone had experience with these. Can a "novice" put take the old trigger out and put this one in ??? - what are your thoughts ?

I am not concerned about the mag safety disconnect issue as long as I can get it in the gun and the gun fires and feeds when I pull thr trigger !

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
It really depends on how novice. If you have taken apart and completely rebuilt a firearm go for it. If not ???? Ive learned from personal experience that it costs more to have someone fix your mistakes than to just pay someone to do it right the first time
good luck

·
Banned
975 Posts
by and far, the majority of these triggers are not drop in parts. ive installed quite a few of them, and if you dont know what your doing, you will have a pistol that does not function.

·
Registered
881 Posts
The one I installed in my 1977 model was a drop in deal with no modification required, but I have heard others have had problems. The hardest part was not the pivot pin that holds the trigger in the gun's frame, but the pin that holds the spring in the trigger. Mine was a bear to get out, but went into the new trigger without any problems. I really like the wider trigger and plan to replace both on my Mark 3's as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts