1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Well, I'm way over here in Iowa, but I can tell you that if you take the highway east out of Ventura, in less than an hour you'll be at one of the premiere shooting venues in the world, just outside Piru, CA. This is the location of the fabulous Steel Challenge match, and they run all sorts of various shooting competition at that place. Fantastic range. :)

Mike

·
Registered
854 Posts
Idpa

KNUT:

I spent mucho time at the above mentioned ranges at Piru Cal. It is owned/operated by Mike Dalton aka ISI, etc. Great facility, great folks that run it, and a good bunch of shooters. there's a match almost every saturday, One week is std IDPA, another is for compact Guns, another is basically a revolver match. then there's steel challeng matches further up the same road also owned by Mike Dalton aka SCC, Steel challenge club.
For IPSC what's left of SWPL is now at the ranges at " Little Tujunga", off Osborne and I-5.
Any questions let me know. I shot there for over 15 years before relocating to Texas.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
There's an IDPA match tomorrow at Piru.

Check out www.isishootists.com for times, maps, gen info, etc.

We usually get 60-80 shooters for each IDPA match, which is the 4th sat of every month. They also have other matches on the first 3 saturdays of the month.

There is a nice club here in SB - Winchester Canyon. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Oaktree just off of I-5 near Valencia is a good stop for a gunshop and supplies.

Greta's guns in Simi Valley is very good also. They just moved to a new building. Very nice setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.