1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd let everyone know Cabellas has stock for powder now. Picked up 8 pounds of Unique, a pound of Pistol Power and a pound of H335. They had numerous others in stock as well. Plus don't forget to use your 20$ off code.

·
Banned
400 Posts
I bought two,had my sister buy two, had my mother buy two,and my brother-in-law buy two...they hate when powder comes in and they get my call...lol had to get some power pistol also

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was going to get some more but got some reason it wouldn't let me add more. Maybe I can only have ten pounds of powder per order?

·
Premium Member
5,054 Posts
I just checked and they are showing several powders "In Stock", not a lot but several. 8lb of Unique for $149.99, plus $20.00 Haz-Mat, and shipping came to just under $200.00. I'm lucky and have plenty on hand so I can wait for a better price. Still if a re-loader is running low or out of powder it's an option.

Thanks for the tip. Oh by the way, they have a two item limit per day per order. So if you can it will save you money to buy the 8lb jugs if they have them.

Grumpy

·
Registered
14,941 Posts
I hate to ask, but what were the prices on those powder buys?

·
Premium Member
5,054 Posts
Walter, most of the powders I looked at (Alliant and IMR) were running right at $27 to $28 per pound.

Grumpy

·
Registered
551 Posts
Unless they're selling Varget or TAC I'm good. I stocked up last week when PV had some for about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I just checked and they do have TAC. But at $26 per pound I think I'll pass. My 8#er ought to last me a while.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hate to ask, but what were the prices on those powder buys?
My total was right around 200$ with all the fees. I had the 20$ off coupon and a gift card. I've seen better prices, but have also seen way worse prices. Just didn't want to pass it up, especially the 8# unique.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I live in New Jersey is very tough to find powder around here right now. I took a ride to Delaware and I couldn't believe how much powder they had. I picked up 2 pounds of 2400 they had 16 pounds on the shelf. Among other things it was definitely worth the ride.

·
Banned
400 Posts
its two punds per powder brand...so bought four pounds of powder with each family member...even with haz mat it is about break even...powder around our local store runs around 30 per pound. runs about 130 per order when all said and done. no driving, no fuel use ..etc just waiting to get confirmation from family members

·
Registered
14,941 Posts
I buy all my powder in bulk, mostly from Powder Valley. I just couldn't bear the thought of paying shipping and hazmat for two pounds of powder, but I guess if you're desperate, you do what you have to.

Until a few months ago, the best deal I ever got on powder was AA2200 data powder @ $48 for 8#, shipped. More recently, I got a similar deal on 100# of WC844, no shipping, hazmat or sales tax.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
100 pounds of powder at once????? that is a lot. Hopefully I'll be getting a few more pounds tonight from a buddy that bought stuff to reload but has not decided he doesn't want to invest the time in it.

·
Registered
14,941 Posts
100 pounds of powder at once????? that is a lot. Hopefully I'll be getting a few more pounds tonight from a buddy that bought stuff to reload but has not decided he doesn't want to invest the time in it.
Yep, I'd never bought 100# of powder before, but a friend who's also in the ammo business frequently finds deals on powder in 50# drums. He had a bunch of WC844 and let me have two drums at his price.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't even know what I would do with that much powder. I couldn't imagine that cost to load that in other components.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts