1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a website, or may have a link to some info that might offer a side by side comparison of different caliber rounds? I'd like to find something that will allow me to see all of the characteristics of .45acp, .44mag, .454casull, etc. next to each other.

Thanks,
Lobez

·
Registered
773 Posts
LObezno001 said:
Does anyone know of a website, or may have a link to some info that might offer a side by side comparison of different caliber rounds? I'd like to find something that will allow me to see all of the characteristics of .45acp, .44mag, .454casull, etc. next to each other.

Thanks,
Lobez

That seems like an odd list for comparison - an autoloader cartridge usually used for self defense, and two high power revolver cartridges usually used as bear protection or for hunting.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sarhog, thanks for the link, it does help.

Big D, I know it's a bit odd, but I recently purchased my first revolver in .45acp and would now like to start collecting a few more since everything else I own is a 1911. I am trying to find some more info on their characteristics and such.

Thanks,

Lobez

·
Registered
773 Posts
Fair enough.

A good source of balistic information can be found by going to any of the major ammo manufacturers and looking at their loads for each. A google search will get you a nearly infinite amount of opinion and dubious handload recipies for each.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts