1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's almost December and the new year will arrive before we know it. 2006 & 2007 promise to bring new regulations for the handgun approval process. Loaded chamber indicators and magazine safety requirements for handguns submitted for listing will certainly limit our access to what will be introduced in the future. I am hearing that manufactures are submitting several models for approval in order to get them listed before the end of the year.

Has anyone heard any rumors as far as what we might expect to see on the list come January 1? It's probably not likely but I was hoping that a maker like Wilson, Nighthawk, Baer, or Brown would get aluminum framed model listed. I would like to able to purchase a Lightweight Commander or Defender/Ultra Carry sized pistol without the Series II or Series 80 safety systems. I wish Colt would even submit their Lightweight Commander or any .38 Super for sale here.

We'll see.

Regards,

Marvin

· Registered
224 Posts
I haven’t head anything, however there’s a 12/31/05 expiration date on a Kimber that I’m interested in. I’m taking no chances and will start the purchase tomorrow. Perhaps another one next month.

· Registered
14 Posts
Put this in your bookmark list:

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/recentlyadded.pdf

I suspect many 1911 manufacturers are trying to get as many onto the list as they can before 2006, due to the new laws going into effect (loaded chamber indicator or mag disconnect req'd for approval).

Wilson should have one or two more on the list shortly, but I don't think they make any alloy frame pistols.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts