1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Pretty sure Wilson will configure one any way you have the $$ to pay for.

Why don't you call them on their tool free # 1-800-955-4856

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you look around a bit you may be able to find a Millinium Protector. This pistol was essentially a CQB but with Serrated front strap instead of Checkered. I had one for a while and even had Wilson's finish it in green/ black. It was identical to a CQB with the front strap being the exception.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
B:
Since Wilson will be essentially CNC Machining their own slides and frames...there is a good possibility that you will be able to order one without the checkered front strap. Would recommend that you call to verify.

·
Registered
511 Posts
KB said:
B:
Since Wilson will be essentially CNC Machining their own slides and frames...there is a good possibility that you will be able to order one without the checkered front strap. Would recommend that you call to verify.
KB,

Your comment makes it sound like Wilson is not currently doing their own checkering. I thought they did it in-house? I mean, Kimber doesn't do the checkering before they send the frames to Wilson, do they?

Steve

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
SW13:
Not at all...just that since they are close to making their own slides and frames (if they aren't already doing so), inventory from other sources will be depleted or probably will be shortly. Therefore, something special ordered now with a 3-6 month delivery date will most likely be on Wilson's own slide and frame.

·
Registered
511 Posts
KB,

Do you know what all the differences are going to be on the new in-house machined Wilson slides and frames? I was talking to one of the guys at Wilson the other day and he said it would have an integral plunger tube, machined as part of the frame. He alse said the bottom of the frame at the mag well would have a slight flare to it.

Don't know if this is set in stone or not, but I wonder how they will look. (I wouldn't want an integral plunger tube, since if you crushed it, it would trash the frame. If that happened, I guess you could have it then milled for a standard plunger tube...)

Steve

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
SW13:
I don't know exactly what or how they will appear. Keep in mind that these first few are going to be prototypes. Since they are making their own slides and frames, these things can be changed when ever they feel the need to do so by just changing the programming. They are now just in the process of shooting the new 2004 catalog (they snagged one of my Stealth's that was just completed for the shoot). So don't lose any sleep over what you hear until you actually see it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the official response from Wilson:

Sorry, but our CNC machines are programed to do the serrations and
checkering. We do not offer frames without checkering or slides without
serrations.

Thank you for your interest.

Frank Robbins
Wilson Combat
:(

·
Registered
319 Posts
Beren said:
the official response from Wilson:

:(
That's odd that they say they don't offer them without checkering... I've got a brand new one in my hand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts