1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For comfort's sake, I prefer the flat (non-memory pad) beavertail grip safety with the traditional, flat design. Ed Brown makes a beavertail with the non-memory pad backstrap. Does anyone know if an Ed Brown non-memory groove beavertail grip safety can be fitted to a Baer frame?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I really don't know about the Brown flat grip safety. But the one with memory groove will not drop-in fit with the Baer frame, I believe. I have Ed Brown and Les Baer guns. Their grip safeties have different contour, so are the frames. I'd leave it to a smith to get the job done.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Get another confirmation for this,but I believe they are both .250 cuts.I don't think the Baer blends much of the lower tang,so this will have to be removed.It should work,but you'll need to refinish.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yes the brown bt's will fit they just need to be blended another option you might consider is removing the hump of the beavertail. OCG1911 O'Hara Custom Guns

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Hi Ivanhoe, fit a Brown to ArmySon Baer, you will have to blend the arch where the web of your hand goes.

------------------
Metal Smith

The only thing I know for sure is what I can measure!
NRA Life Member

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
------------------
Metal Smith

The only thing I know for sure is what I can measure!
NRA Life Member

[This message has been edited by Metal Smith (edited 11-17-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts