1911Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
If you order directly from Lou, he'll hand make it and it'll take a while (he's got a long list). Check out lightning arm sports as they carry a lot of his product line and have a bunch of stuff always ready on hand. You'll pay a bit more, but you won't have to wait 4 or 5 months. They're a great bunch of people to deal with and they can answer your questions better than I can.

http://www.lightningarms.com/

·
Registered
544 Posts
Brother Methias said:
Do you have to order these special or will a holster made for a officer's acp work as well?
The Officers ACP barrel 3.5" is shorter than the CQB Compact 4.1". You will be looking for a Compact sized holster. Check with Lightning Arms Sport for in stock stuff.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I agree with the post above that the Lou Alessi CQC/S is one of the best holsters available. The CQC would fit best into a Commander sized holster, but I will check as a friend of mine just got one directly from Lou.

We have a bunch on order from Lou and should have them within the next month or so. If Lightning has them available for immediate delivery, than that might be a good route. If not, we are compiling a waiting list for when our inventory comes in and that might be a shorter time than ordering direct.

http://www.roguesp.com/contactus.html

Anyway, just thought I'd throw out another option....

Good luck with your selection. You have an awesome pistol and finding the right holster for it would make a near perfect carry package.

·
Registered
544 Posts
buggsb said:
I agree with the post above that the Lou Alessi CQC/S is one of the best holsters available. The CQC would fit best into a Commander sized holster
Lou as well as others make holsters specifically for the shorter barrel compact models. Why would you order a commander size holster for a compact?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
buggsb said:
You are correct...my error..minor brain fade, that the CQB is a little shorter than the commander...
Mine rides in several different cmdr length holsters; the Galco is my favorite ... they are easily trimmed to length if you don't also use for commander.

mefly2

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have 2 different Galco OWB's, a Milt Sparks VMII IWB, a Dillon & Ahren pancake to fit the Champion I used to have. My CQB Compact fits inthem all perfectly. I believe the gun will fit into just about any holster made for a 4" 1911 style gun.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I carry a CQB daily. It rides in either a Milt Sparks VM-2 or the newer Idaho Quick Mount. Both are excellent holsters and extremely comfortable. I use the VM-2 when I want IWB and the Idaho Quick when wearing OTW. I know the Idaho can be modified to IWB but I prefer to have both holsters and use them as described.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.