1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,012 Posts
Don, rather than cutting ports later, you might look at an extended, threaded barrel with a screw-on comp. They're really nice and are much more effective than ports. I'm running some pretty hot 10mm through a Glock 21 with such a setup right now, and the comp makes it feel like 9mm.

·
Registered
367 Posts
the barrel I got is made by auto ordinance, it is old, I got it for $25 on E-bay... as soon as it shows up, I will snap a few shots.... I only really got it because my brother has been getting on my case to put a big long slide with a compensator. he seems to think that I will not have a chance in hell of hitting anything unless I spend several grand on flashy crap. He has done this, still can't shoot for crap, and thinks that it is still the gun's fault. He is the gunsmiths best friend... I should refer him to some of the pro's on this site.:biglaugh: I plan to just stuff the barrel into the slide, possibly polish it up where it will be visible, and solder an old SKS flash suppressor on to the end. The end result will hopefully be soda through the nose or something similar.... maybe later I will experiment with accuracy gained by a longer barrel. For now, my current setup is capible of oushooting me. I don't think a series 70 Gold cup is any slouch.:rock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.