1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
I thought it was a "Man" thing.

The only thing I'd add that a "Real Man" needs in addition to a good sharp knife, a loaded firearm and a watch that keeps time is a Bible to go with them all.

You oughta have, use and be familiar with all four.

Edited to add this pic.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Bullet Gun barrel

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I have nice guns but carry a utility knife and wear a Skagen wristwatch.............so I can afford the nice guns.

Posting a pic of my utility knife and my wristwatch would be even more tacky.
You are more my type of person. The people that brag and love to show off thinking that they are impressing someone, are not so much.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Posted this one over on Colt Forum some years ago as an entry into a photo contest they were having there.

Everything in the photo dates to 1947 or earlier except for the towel ("looked" period) and the coffee in the cup and I was drinking that. The Colt dates to 1947, Brill holster is of pre-war characteristics, Omega watch dates to 1944, Case pocket knife was made during the 1920-1940 time period. A great aunt did the watercolor of the child caught on a fence sometime in the early 1920s. The photo of my dad dates to 1945. All sitting on a pre-1900 side board (buffet).

·
Administrator
78,173 Posts
You just had to go and make me show off my collection again, didn't you?
Rectangle Everyday carry Wood Gun barrel Font

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
You just had to go and make me show off my collection again, didn't you?
View attachment 637531
I have a Casio just like that in a junk drawer. Mine is in much worse condition and the battery is dead. It has been years since I wore a watch. No need now days. All mobile phones have a clock in them. No need to put one of those thinks on anymore.

Reactions: Levian

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Posted this one over on Colt Forum some years ago as an entry into a photo contest they were having there.

Everything in the photo dates to 1947 or earlier except for the towel ("looked" period) and the coffee in the cup and I was drinking that. The Colt dates to 1947, Brill holster is of pre-war characteristics, Omega watch dates to 1944, Case pocket knife was made during the 1920-1940 time period. A great aunt did the watercolor of the child caught on a fence sometime in the early 1920s. The photo of my dad dates to 1945. All sitting on a pre-1900 side board (buffet).
Very Nice.

Reactions: Phreddie30.06
1 - 20 of 455 Posts