1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the Strider web site at their folders. The first folder listed showed a picture of one side having G10 scales and the other side looking to be titanium or something. Are these two options or does the same knife have dissimilar sides? Is it G10 on one side and bare on the other?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, John. So it that an option or are they all like that? I'd rather have the same type scales on both sides.

Man those are great looking knives!

Steve

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
not an option... this is the only way they come.

However you can get the Strider AR that does have G10 on both sides and while consider a Liner lock... it is way closer to a framelock with scales than a liner lock .

However with a little bit of material and some time... OK allot of time... get a piece of .125 Titanium and a belt sander... did I mention allot of time ??

The SnG is one slick knife... and if you ever get the chance to check out a SnG Nightmare XL.... well life will never be the same .

;)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John,

What is the purpose of the dissimilar sides? Is there an advantage to it? Just style?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I believe it to be just style , I am sure Mick has a reason for it .
More than likely just to be different , there are alot of TI handled knives out there . I admit I was concerned about strength when I first saw one , but that was put to rest as soon as I had a chance to fondle one.

What area of the country are you in .... if you check one of the knifeforums on the web I am sure you can find someone in your area who will be glad to let you check theirs out in person.

I know I get to meet allot of people from the different gun / knife forums as they pass thru Vegas.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mick did not like the feel of an all metal knife. the g10 on one side gives the knife some "warmth" and is a bit lighter than the ti, plus gives better tractiion. The ti side is that mottled color from heat treating the ti. some of the all black ones have solid black ti on the ti side and solid black rough g10 on the other.
I prefer the 1st run with the green/black g10 and the heat treated ti. Mine is like that, only has a polished clip, spearpoint #46.

great knives. I think TAD has some of the all black tantos in stock. get them while you can, as they may not make any more for a long long time.
cheers,
Derek

·
Registered
407 Posts
Also MattD is a great strider dealer to buy from.
after getting a sng, i sold my sebenzas, my lightfoots and my other quality folders...it's all i carry. because i know i can use the hell out of it, and if i screw it up, mick can get it running for me.
but because it works for me, it may not for you.
you can find them used for a little less sometimes on the usualsuspect.net forums.
cheers,
Derek

1 - 10 of 10 Posts