1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone replaced the Kimber factory McCormick sight with a Novak low mount? Wonder if it is a drop in or not and does it expose the McCormick cut? thanks, ricko

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Call them up and ask if they make one to fit the Kimber dove tail cut. I know Heinie does.

------------------
John

"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks and leaving Huey and Dewey and Louie without an aunt and uncle. It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away".
Robert K. Dornen, U.S. Congressman. 1995

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Yes. Brownells stocks both the front and rear Novaks that will fit into the Kimber dovetails. I have replaced the factory McCormick sights with Novak night sights on the full size Kimber I use for CCW. Perfect fit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, they fit great and in my opinion are a major improvement from the Kimber sights. If you send it to Novaks for the install they will also sight them in for you. This was important for me because my gun shot 6" low out of the box and I was worried I might need different height sights. Novaks turned it around in less than a week and dialed it in absolutely perfectly - very nice people too. Here is a pic, the full size will be getting new sights shortly.

[This message has been edited by David Joyal (edited 08-09-2001).]

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<><> david, do you have to send the whole gun, or just the slide in? my compact also shoots low out of the box. was it very expensive? how do you like the bar dot configuration? are those tritium inserts? raspy

[This message has been edited by raspy (edited 08-09-2001).]

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by raspy:
<><> david, do you have to send the whole gun, or just the slide in? my compact also shoots low out of the box. was it very expensive? how do you like the bar dot configuration? are those tritium inserts? raspy
If you just want them changed, send the slide, but if you want them Regulated, then you need to send the gun, so it can be test fired...

Also, if you are going to that hassle, it might be better to just get the cut modified for the Novak's, then you have a "standardized" sight cut, and can easily switch to something else if Novak's turn out to be the wrong choice... FWIW... YMMV.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree with jaydee and think the Novak cut would be a good idea, even though I didn't do it. It is a little more expensive ($35.00 plus shipping) to have Novaks install the sight, but it was also the only way I could be sure they would be exactly the right height for the loads I usually shoot. I had some additional complications in that the factory front sight was in extremely tight. Two different gunsmiths in town took a wack at moving it with no success. It came back from Novaks 8 days from the day I shipped it and was absolutely perfect. Very nice people to deal with too - even sent an email with the tracking number when it shipped. I wish all businesses ran like that, I consider the purchase a bargain.

·
Registered
9 Posts
David, Sure seems like you went the right way. Looks great on the photo's. And you say that Novak sighted the gun perfectly at POA. What was the total cost of sights plus installation? Thanks. Russell

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, Novaks sighted the gun in perfectly - I had asked for it to be sighted in at 15 yards with Winchester or Federal ball ammo using a six-o-clock hold. Another nice thing, unlike the Kimber factory, Novak centered the front sight. Out the door it cost $174.95 plus shipping both directions which was roughly $20.00 each way. Thanks for the compliment, I'm very happy with the sights.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just purchased Novak nite sights for my Custom Royal from Dillon Precision, Front was: $59.95 Rear was: $89.95 my smith installed for $20. Perfect fit.

------------------
GMAN

1 - 10 of 10 Posts