1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've always dry fired my Colts. Now I dry fire my SA. I've never had a problem dry firing a centerfire auto pistol until my Beretta 92FS Centurion. I dry fired it perhaps 200 times after running about 300 rounds through it to smooth it out. One day while driving home through a very rural area on the levee I decided to pull over and dump a few mags through it. Click. Nada. Firing pin broken. Good thing I didn't get in a bind and need it. All I shoot now are my Colt and SA .45's and two bhp's. I've never been overly impressed with the 92F series, and that's after well over 10k rounds. BTW, changing out a 92FS firing pin is a PITA compared to an M1911 or P.35.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ether, I tried to like the 92F series for some time. The design has merits (saving for accuracy which always seemed to be at least 1 inch behind my bhp's and 1 inch + behind my Colts). However, for me the firing pin issue ended my flirtation. I've never broken a firing pin in anything before.....and I used to shoot ALOT.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, the 92F v. (whatever) debate rages. I've had three of them and did run at LEAST 10k rds between the three. All went bang almost every time (saving for the broken firing pin noted above), all functioned reliably, all were just average re accuracy. By and large, a very average, reliable 9mm that felt like a 2 x 4 in my hands. Would I be afraid if I had to defend myself with one? Nope. But would I choose a 92F over my SA loaded, Clark Combat Series 70, Belgian 60's bhp, nor even my Inglis '63 rework P.35? Absolutely not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.