1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1911 A1 has the following markings of:

United States Property U.S. Army NO 1298262

I purchased it about 5 years ago for $700 and I am curious to learn as much as I can about it. I am hoping some one can help me learn as much as I can about it?

Attachments

·
Administrator
73,107 Posts
The receiver is an early 1944 Remington Rand. You didn't show any pics of the left side so I can't tell you much else, but I assume the slide is a RR as well. The barrel appears to be devoid of any blue, meaning it's either refinished or somebody took the bluing off. The trigger show of course doesn't belong there, and hopefully it didn't mark up the trigger too bad. Aside from all that, you could easily recoup your $700 investment and then some if you listed it on Gunbroker.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Since you didn't pay that much for that gun I think you stroke a bargain, it looks like a 1943 Remington Rand frame, wrong trigger and perhaps wring barrel. Too bad you didn't post any picture ofthe slide left side.

Rgds

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
I don't think so - to me, the steel is peened as if something hit the slide at that spot - maybe combat damage?

·
Administrator
73,107 Posts
I've got "combat damage" on one of my pistols that actually came from dropping something on it while cleaning it. It still pisses me off to this day. :mad:

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
I don't think it's a real "combat damage", something like dsk said happened to me not long ago, a Luger Krieghoff slipped from my hands while I was pulling it out of the safe, as a result it got a tiny "combat damage" on the front sight, probably nobody can even see it but I now it's there and... it still pisses me off to this day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts