1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have a Compact CDP, and it is a fantastic pistol. My only compaint is the bright slide (bead blasted stainless), as I use this gun for CCW and would prefer it to be all black. For that reason, I'd buy the Tactical model. Or, if you want to go through the trouble, you can get a CDP and send it to Kimber or Birdsong (or someone like that) and get it finished black.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
172 Posts
this has been covered in a few posts recently.. you might be able to dig up past comments by doing a search

I debated the same thing a few months back, and ended up going with the Pro CDP II.. my reasons were completely subjective, so they might not help you out.. but I decided I didn't want the magwell that the Tac had.. while I did want the ambidextrous safety, that the CDP had.. I also preferred the CDP's grips

the CDP claims to have a 'premium match grade trigger'.. but I can't really tell any difference between the two styles, other than visually.. but my CDP does have a great trigger pull

a feature that seemed moot at the time was the meltdown treatment that the CDP has.. I was neutral about it when I made my decision, but now I'm glad I have it.. still, I doubt it would influence my decision if I had to decide again

you'll get the same accuracy from either gun (which, if it's like mine, will be outstanding).. and the two models are nearly identical, other than looks and details.. figure out which features matter to you, and that should make your decision for you

·
Registered
445 Posts
ontarget said:
I have a Compact CDP, and it is a fantastic pistol. My only compaint is the bright slide (bead blasted stainless), as I use this gun for CCW and would prefer it to be all black.
If it is to be used as CCW, why would the color matter?:confused:

I have been carrying now for a tad over 30 years and I have never been made and with the exception of a Sig 228 which was my primary CCW for a time all the others have been stainless.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the Pro CDP II.

It points well, puts the rounds on the paper at 25 yerd without looking through the sights. Its accurate and functions well.

I got one a just a few weeks ago at the most.

My only dislike is the stippling/checkering under the trigger guard, it grabs the leather in my holster, slowing down my draw.

Mine came the new style follower that keeps the follower from walking out of the mag and gouging the frame when the last round is loaded. In any event get some Wilson 47DCs or 47Ds. These mags will provide much better reliability.

I like the look of my all black series I compact aluminum and my all black usp. But the Two-toned CDP is fine with me.

Its a nice pistol and should make for a good CCW.......especially with Wilson Mags.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have an original series Pro CDP that is often called upon to serve as my carry gun, and it has served me well.

Good luck with your choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts