1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
I agree with Stormweaver, I don’t think you can Rogard directly over NP3… I’ve accidentally let a drop of superglue get on an NP3 frame (replacing lost grip medallion) and the dried superglue came right off with my fingernail.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow.

That is slick! Talk about non adhesion. For curiosities sake I would like to have a block of SS or such and see if/what would stick to it. Just a rainy day project. I'm sure they have already done it. I'm a customer, maybe I will ask about it when I call...

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Nope, either one or the other and why would you want to? The NP3 is a better finish in terms of "wearability" and protection. If it's a black finish you want you'll either have to go with total Roguard or find another finish. I'm sending a CCO to them to have the frame done in Rogaurd and the slide plus internals done in Np3. I now have two guns done with NP3 and I just love the finish. Some feel it's too slick but I haven't had any issues at all with it and Oh Man it makes your guns so easy to clean!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, either one or the other and why would you want to? The NP3 is a better finish in terms of "wearability" and protection. If it's a black finish you want you'll either have to go with total Roguard or find another finish. I'm sending a CCO to them to have the frame done in Rogaurd and the slide plus internals done in Np3. I now have two guns done with NP3 and I just love the finish. Some feel it's too slick but I haven't had any issues at all with it and Oh Man it makes your guns so easy to clean!!
Just trying to think outside the box....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts