1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, has anybody tried that conversion kit? Does anything like that really hold a candle to a separate rifle? And other than sharing the same ammo as a pistol, are there any other advantages to having one? In short, is it worth the money, or is it better just to get a cheapo rifle to complement a handgun?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
No problem. Noticed you're from Eugene. I lived there a few years ago. Between hiking Spencer's Butte to tubing down the Willamette River, or dungeoness crabbing about an hour away in Florence, to admiring the Three Sisters in the distance on a clear day, there was always something to do. Yep. I really miss that town.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I have shot the carbine conversion unit from Wilson's and it is indeed awesome! Mount a red dot on top and you have a carbine that is very accurate out to 50 yards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the other post, it mentions that the kit is difficult to disassemble/clean. Is this true? And also, is it possible to replace the stock? I ask this because I'm not sure if that stock would be the right length for me.

Traevin: Yeah, the Eugene area is great; only an hour away from just about every ecosystem imagineable. Now if I could just swag the time to go out and enjoy it....

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ordered one for a cop friend / client, and he loves it. He has talked several of his buddies into buying them, and it is now his deer camp utility gun. I have actually gotten sick of hearing him brag about the stupid thing! I think it would be hard to go wrong for the money. Good luck.

------------------
Greg Rodriguez
Mombasa Trading COmpany
281-494-4151

1 - 7 of 7 Posts