1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know of a 250gr load for my 45 acp carbine.
just got a storm

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
What do you want to do with this "load"? Plink, hunt, compete?

All my loads are lead bullets and with 250rnfp or 255lswc 1.175-1.190 OAL:
WAP/Silhouette:
4.97gr to 6.1 gr

Universal Clays:
4.45gr to 5.0gr

Unique:
3.6gr to 5.0 gr ----5.0 is right on the edge of max regular to +P pressure use this load with caution!
5.0 is my pin load.

231:
4.3gr to 5.3gr-- 5.3 is warm also.

Power Pistol:
6.1gr to 6.4gr

Clays:
3.1gr to 3.9gr ----3.9 is warm also

HS-6:
5.6gr to 8.1gr --8.1 notes say TOO HOT!

TiteGroup:
4.0gr to 4.4gr

American Select:
4.17gr to 4.75gr --4.75 is close at max and close to +P

Use with caution. I have pretty much loaded 250/255's exclusively for yrs. Tracy

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like the idea of telling my liberal friend I killed Bambi with an assault rifle.(storm) You dont need that scarry looking thing, your not in the military.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Randy, tell your friend he doesn't need all those scary kitchen knives, because he's not a chef.
Then he replies, "I'm not a chef, but I cook."
Then you reply, "I'm not a soldier, but I shoot."

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To save gas in his Prius he tailgates big trucks i tell him he is more dangerous in his car ;than i am with my Storm hunting. libs are strange

·
Registered
24,400 Posts
I bought a CX4 Storm in 45 ACP for the wife

I bought it for a house gun for the wife earlier this year. I have always been more of a traditionalist. Insofar as firearms are concerned. I never have been overly attracted to something that looks like it came off of a Star Wars set.
However the 12 guage shotguns and large bore handguns that I keep for house guns are not a whole lot of fun for my wife to use. Since I have had the storm for a while and have been able to play around with it quite a bit, I have determined that I like it a lot. Ihe whole Idea of a carbine chambered in a pistol round just went against my way of thinking. There is no way I would want one in a less powerfull round. I would however like to have one in something a little hotter. By the way I have put about three hundred rounds through mine with one stove pipe very early on. Otherwise 0 malfunctions

2 cents

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just be sure that your reloads are good to go. While the primer and a grain of powder might push the bullet out of a 4.25" barrel it will only go about 11 1/2" in the Storm. :grumble: Don't ask me how I know. Also the barrel is not replacible without sending it to Beretta along with $400.00.:barf:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts