1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my wife arrived in El Paso on our way to Las Cruces. We went into Carl Jr's on Airway and immediately say a sign that firearms were prohibited. Although it was not a 30-06 sign, but we left. I had not unpacked my gun from my suitcase and was not carrying, but do not want to patronize and anti-gun business.

I do not know if that is only one CJ or if most or all of them have that policy.
Anyone from El Paso know?

Jerry

·
Registered
224 Posts
I hope it’s not a policy. CJr is my favorite for dashboard dinning. I haven’t seen any posting in Kali.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Last time I was in a Carls in El Paso was just under a year ago, but the sign I saw prohibited unlicensed carry. But then again, things could have changed since then too.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trgrhappy said:
Last time I was in a Carls in El Paso was just under a year ago, but the sign I saw prohibited unlicensed carry. But then again, things could have changed since then too.
That would be strange since TX is not an open carry state, and any carry other than concealed with a CHL would be illegal.

Jerry

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not so strange really....considering the number of people in El Paso carrying without a permit. I got the impression they were "reminding" them to leave their unlicensed weapons in their car. Lots of businesses post similer signs, while not posting the 30.06 signs. Thereby allowing licensed carry while "reminding" others without the proper permissions.
I should mention I lived in El Paso for 8 years before making good my escape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts