1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used carry 9 at a gun show over the weekend. Did not notice that one grip screw was held on by something like putty. Seems someone overtightened the screw and had broken it off. I drilled out the broken portion in the bushing, but someone has been here before. I called Para and was told that parts were avaliable thru Brownells. Brownells does not list anything for the carry 9. Anyone know where I can find the grip screws and bushings? These are the slim ones as the grips themselves are not very thick.
I did fire 50 rounds thru the gun today without any problems. Also, any suggestions for IWB holsters? Thanks.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Bought a used carry 9 at a gun show over the weekend. Did not notice that one grip screw was held on by something like putty. Seems someone overtightened the screw and had broken it off. I drilled out the broken portion in the bushing, but someone has been here before. I called Para and was told that parts were avaliable thru Brownells. Brownells does not list anything for the carry 9. Anyone know where I can find the grip screws and bushings? These are the slim ones as the grips themselves are not very thick.
I did fire 50 rounds thru the gun today without any problems. Also, any suggestions for IWB holsters? Thanks.:biglaugh:

Can't help you with your question Elec, but someone needs to tell Para that Brownells has little or NO parts for the Carry 9.

Several others here have experienced the same misinformation.

I hope you find a source.

My daughter's Carry 9 has been perfect (except the finish), hope yours will be too.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan to call Para again on Tue. & let them know about lack of parts. I beleive I did find some "slim line" grip screws & bushings at Midway. I have ordered them, hope they fit when they arrive. Thanks Clyde (Electraclyde):biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

Electraclyde,

You might check to see if the grip screws are the same size as any standard 45 version. In addition you might call the "Tech Department" at Brownells and ask them.

rimfire,22

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grip screws $ bushings

The grip screws and bushings are shorter that the full size 1911's because the grips are much thinner. I may have solved the problem by searching Brownells website. I found a set of "slimline screws & bushings. I ordered a set and hopefullt they will work. Thanks for the help. I'll post the results when I receive them.:scratch:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Received the set of "slim line" grip screws and bushings today from Brownells. They fit perfect. It took a little time browsing the Brownells online catalog to find them as they are not listed under the "Para" gun parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My daughter's Carry 9 has been perfect (except the finish) said:
Para's finish on the carry 9 (Black Alloy) is the worst I have ever experienced. My advice to anyone looking at a carry 9 is DO NOT BUY IT IN BLACK. My 2 month old pistol looks like its 5 years old. good shooter, but para dropped the ball on the finish. I stripped mine down to the alloy finish because it looked so bad. Para needs to make this right.

·
Registered
415 Posts
suck

Can't help you with your question Elec, but someone needs to tell Para that Brownells has little or NO parts for the Carry 9.

Several others here have experienced the same misinformation.

I hope you find a source.

My daughter's Carry 9 has been perfect (except the finish), hope yours will be too.
brownells absolutely sucks for a Para parts depot!!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
agree

Para's finish on the carry 9 (Black Alloy) is the worst I have ever experienced. My advice to anyone looking at a carry 9 is DO NOT BUY IT IN BLACK. My 2 month old pistol looks like its 5 years old. good shooter, but para dropped the ball on the finish. I stripped mine down to the alloy finish because it looked so bad. Para needs to make this right.
+1 on that . THE WORST FINISH OF ANY HANDGUN I HAVE EVER SEEN. belongs on a $15 gun not on a $1000 gun. They should be ashamed IMO.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
+1 on that . THE WORST FINISH OF ANY HANDGUN I HAVE EVER SEEN. belongs on a $15 gun not on a $1000 gun. They should be ashamed IMO.
Jocko, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel :biglaugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts