1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shooting 200gr LSWC through my Stainless Protector for over 5 years. I use the gun for target shooting and USPSA. It runs great.

Here's my question:

I am looking for your recommendations as to the best performing and 100% reliable defensive ammo. This will be my carry gun now and I'd like to hear what you use for carry ammo? I like the feel of 200 gr .45 ammo, but am open to suggestions. Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
Try doing a search on carry ammo.

You will get more info than you ever wanted.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I carry handloads that go where I point 'em. Not the hottest stuff in the world, but consistency and control are very underrated.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
CCI 200 or 230 Grainers

CCI 200 Grain or 230 Grain Gold Dots really expand well. I've seen one that hit a Pin sideways at a Competition. The bullet was blown out and expanded on one side. Looked the size of a nickle and was very distorted. Looks like CCI Lawman would expand without too much effort. NATIONALMATCH

·
Registered
301 Posts
230 gr Golder Saber's are on Wilson recommended list that came with the pistol (IIRC, at least for mine). That's what I use, they work fine, and shoot very accurately.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Use any high quality name brand hollowpoint that feeds 100% in YOUR gun and hits where you aim. The rest is splitting hairs. My CQB preffers federal hydra-shok .

·
Registered
256 Posts
i use the white box w-w personal protection from wall mart,,,,,feeds good in all my carry guns and after looking at and reading the tests i don't see the difference,,,,works damn good in the things i have tried with it too

my .02

ocharry

·
Registered
54 Posts
200 or 230?

I carry the 230 gr Rem Golden Saber during all seasons. It works very well. But the foremost is realiablity and then accuracy. The Rems shoot the most accurate out of my Wilson Protector, so I carry that round the most. And the added benifit is that it does not deform as easily as the Fed Hydra-shok when clearing and reloading. Take care.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I carry what I shoot, 200 gr LSWC. Same thing you listed! It functions perfectly in my gun and is accurate too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts