1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you use a .410 revolver, such as a Taurus Judge or S&W Governor, for personal defense, either from carjackers or buzzworms, do you carry extra ammo for it?

If so, how?

And what type?

In the case of the Judge, your ammo options include the panoply of .410 Ga. shot shells and slugs, plus all the regular loadings of the .45 Long Colt.

In the case of the Governor, your ammo options include all those for the Judge, plus .45 ACP in moon clips.

Thanks!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had a nylon pouch made up to carry five 410 shells and five 45LC cartridges, I can't figure how post pictures on this forum. These pouches are the best damn thing since sliced bread. I could e mail you pictures to a private e mail. I had a woman make up a few extra pouches. I have a Bond Cowboy Defender that I occassionally carry. It cost me $15 a piece to have these pouches made up, If you want one I could send one to you. I think I have three extra ones left. A few of my friends really liked them and got one for there 410/45 handguns.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I've only carried my Judge a couple times when camping. But have used Quick Strips. They lay flat and make it easy to slide a few in an unused pocket. I have not been able to find an HK speedloader in that caliber for faster changes, but for ease of carry, I think I now prefer the speed strips. I now have a bunch for all my revolver calibers. Have some loaded up with 410, and some with 45LC, and your good to go.

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/25638/catid/24/Tuff_QuickStrips

·
Registered
23,223 Posts
I got a flyer recently of someone who sells nylon 6 shot cartridge holders that clip onto a pack etc. Just looked and can't find it right now. Think of a short 6 round cartridge belt with a clip at the end.

·
Registered
27 Posts
governor

I have a Governor that i carry in the ole 4 runner daily and nightly. I have carried the .410 shells and some 45 long colts. The best all around for me is using the moon clips and .45 acp. They have no where near the punch on the hand that the .45 colt does. Also when im bush hogging the field i carry the Governor with .45 acp shotshells in the moon clips for snakes. It works great for both purposes. If I did carry more 410 shots it would be the Federal protection loads instead of the 3 disk Winchesters just due to the spread of the shot for me and kickback. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. I think the large caliber speed strips will work nicely.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got a flyer recently of someone who sells nylon 6 shot cartridge holders that clip onto a pack etc. Just looked and can't find it right now. Think of a short 6 round cartridge belt with a clip at the end.
www.thewilderness.com/stretchable-carriers/

I carry one of these for my Mossberg, Works well and stays out of the way. Can't be a bigger fan of these guys though.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
You might find them pricey, but Dillon Precision sells leather belt pouches for speed strips of various sizes, including 6 rounds of .410. Five (5) rounds is not the magic number in my case, because I have a .410 Coach Gun (20" double barrel) as well as a Judge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts