1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting for a colleague of mine, who has struggled mightily with the subject gun. He finds that partially loaded magazines will not drop freely from the gun, as one might like in an IDPA tac reload, and that the top cartridge has been pushed far forward in the magazine. He has tried a number of different brands of magazines, and has had his Springfield magazines exchanged by the factory.

He wonders about the relationship of this behavior and cartridge OAL, although I'm sure he would welcome any advice on how to get his POS to run.

Thanks a lot,

------------------
2cats

Glock 19
Glock 17
Wilson Protector
Colt Police Positive .38 Special
Smith & Wesson 41
Browning Hi-Power Standard 9mm

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have a Springfield 9mm and have no problems at all..Use Mec-gar mags all the time..I shoot cast lead RN at a slightly reduced loading.. OAL same as factory..

·
Registered
157 Posts
This is an old problem, and we used to see it occasionally back in the old days. You know, when real guns didn't have comps, and a backup to a 1911 was a stone ax.

Try a new magazine spring. I vaguely recall that weak springs let the top round skid forward. A strong spring keeps it pressed up against the lips and keeps it from skidding forward.

Do your buddies have any mags you can try? Otherwise, spend a few bucks for a new spring from Wolff and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts