1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year I bought my 5th 1911..a Dan wesson CBOB commander .45 after carrying a Colt Defender for yrs. Dan doesn't make a alloy frame bobtail but Fusion will at around $2000 ..Ouch!!!

1) Does Caspian make an Alloy frame?
2) Is there a gunsmith here that will build one for me ?
3) and what would it cost w/alloy frame ,plain EB housing, SS slide, no MIM ,etc..Just like a CBOB only 10oz lighter..
4) or has anyone here had one made? and by who?

·
Registered
838 Posts
This year I bought my 5th 1911..a Dan wesson CBOB commander .45 after carrying a Colt Defender for yrs. Dan doesn't make a alloy frame bobtail but Fusion will at around $2000 ..Ouch!!!

1) Does Caspian make an Alloy frame?
2) Is there a gunsmith here that will build one for me ?
3) and what would it cost w/alloy frame ,plain EB housing, SS slide, no MIM ,etc..Just like a CBOB only 10oz lighter..
4) or has anyone here had one made? and by who?
Try FusionFirearms.com

·
Banned
2,944 Posts
He mentioned fusion wants $2000 for it, Caspian doesn't make an aluminum frame, you can get an aluminum frame from them, talk to a gunsmith though because unless you are going to put it together, the cost may be around the same as what fusion wants.

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
He mentioned fusion wants $2000 for it, Caspian doesn't make an aluminum frame, you can get an aluminum frame from them, talk to a gunsmith though because unless you are going to put it together, the cost may be around the same as what fusion wants.

I need to call Gary @ Caspian anyways, so I will check on that. Thought they did.

Chuck Warner

·
Registered
156 Posts
caspian offers a titanium frame and i hear there is a wait time on them. and you will spend at least the 2,000 that fusion is quoting.
mine was built by a local smith and i could not be more happy with it. great guns and much easier to carry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts