1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've put a msh with a magwell on both my 1911s. I have big hands and they improve my grip. Is the built in Caspian magwell frame the same length as a standard frame or is it as long as one with an added magwell? If you have one do you like it?
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,433 Posts
They are as long as an add-on (you can use standard grips).
It's the only magwell I own, so it's better than not having a magwell, in terms of ease of reloading, but I don't like the added length for anything but range wear.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I'm considering a Caspian frame for a dedicated receiver for my Nelson .22 conversion. I think the race ready frames look really cool.
Regards,
Jeff

·
Banned
1,010 Posts
Keep in mind you'll want to use Caspian's extended Race Ready mainspring housing if you don't want it looking goofy.

·
Registered
22,202 Posts
I believe the RR comes with the appropriate mainspring housing.

If I were to buy a new match gun, it would be on that receiver to save the extra pieces parts and blending.

·
Registered
915 Posts
No a fan of these because you have to use a non-standard mainspring housing. So you are back into a corner on the variables of this main part.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the recon frame with the tactical mag wel. Been using it for over a decade and I really like it. I prefer the ability to strip a mag out of the piece to clear a malfunction and the cut out front of the tactical mag well allows this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts