1911Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would love to get back in touch with James Knapp . . . I toured with him and he built my .45 ball gun, back in '86.

Beautiful craftsmanship . . .

·
Registered
268 Posts
Rob at Alchemy Custom is truly makes it easy to have the gun you want. I purchased an off the shelf 1911 and sent it to him to get what I wanted in it. I am glad I called on him, even if he is on the other side of the continent from me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
What a story. Your pistol has some soul to it. Have you thought about giving it a name. Normally I don't name my guns, but I would personally in this situation.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Personal Recommendation: Mark Brand, Gunsmith, Colona, IL

The gun was barreled by Mark Brand. He is probably one of the best "hard fit" barrel guys I have seen.
I know there's a bit of age to this post of Rob's (24 Sep 13), but I'm citing it now because, per Rob's second sentence, I had Mark put in a ramped Kart barrel on my (original series) Delta Elite; I just got it back this past Saturday. The work he did in fitting the barrel is *exceptional*... and he also did a few little extra things that I didn't specifically call out but which his trained eye just felt needed tweaked. He showed me some of the other guns he's working on, and those he's just finished, and his craftsmanship is outstanding. (He even does grips, too, so I may have a few more projects for him in time.) I asked if I could post his phone number to the forum and he said it was okay to do so; his preferred number is (309) seven nine two - four five five six. He's usually busy, so leave a message; he's pretty good about calling you back when he's got a free moment. He kept to his quoted price and was damn close on his time estimate (he said six to eight weeks, if I recall correctly, and I think he was about a week over that).

I can definitely recommend Mark. He knows what he's doing.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts