1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, i have been really wanting a cqb and KWB as a cqb in stock with a caspian "recon rail" frame and a caspian slide. having litle knowledge on caspian, what is the advantage/disadvantage of the caspian stuff?? i am sorta confused. whats the difference between the caspian slide/frame and wilsons? he states it is armour tuff etc... any help would be greatful. going to call KWB later today....i have seen a few deals on some cqb's but want to buy from a good source. after all it is a lot of money i will be plunking down...thanks for the help.

also excuse my spelling its late.............lol

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
CT:
Caspian makes high quality 1911 components (check out the Caspian Forum or visit their website). In the case of the CQB Light Rail, they make the slide and frame which Wilson Combat assembles to their rigorous standards. Generally, the light rail pistols have a $100 base upcharge versus a regular CQB. The advantages (in addition to the integrated light rail), are a little more weight (approximately 2 oz heavier than an identically configured CQB - YES ONLY 2 OZ). The Caspian design is well balanced, streamlined in appearance and is less obtrusive than some of the other 1911 light rail designs currently being offered by other manufacturers. A great pistol for tactical, home defense use or even daily concealed carry.
The disadvantages can be holster selection (although it will slip right into a Wilson IWB Featherweight), and not being allowed for use in some competitive shooting events.

WEIGHT COMPARISONS (EMPTY):
CQB Light Rail: 40 oz. (magazine removed, tactical safety, full length guide rod installed, M3 light not attached)

CQB (Standard): 38 oz. (magazine removed, tactical safety, full length guide rod installed)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Keith for the insight. you da man!! expect a call from today. Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts