1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently built the pictured Caspian Government Model in .45 caliber for my grandson, who is in the U.S. Army. The pistol features a Caspian slide and frame, EGW internals, Kart barrel, Novak sights, and serrated front and rear straps. The highlight is the Army Star engraved on the right rear portion of the slide in honor of my grandson.

My pistol building skills are ahead of my picture taking skills, so I hope you can still enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Nice work and your grandson is a lucky man.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice looking gun

Iron Mike...nice clean lines on a great looking gun. Outstanding job. I hope your grandson enjoys it and passes it down to his.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Mike's pistols keep getting better and better. He is a quick study when it comes to understanding the 1911 and solving the problems that always pop up.
I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, for the nice replies.

Upon opening the Christmas package and seeing the pistol, the Grandson could only say "I'm overwhelmed and don't know what to say".

I was overwhelmed that he was overwhelmed!

Mike

·
Registered
769 Posts
That is what a 1911 should look like.

Nicely done sir!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The pistol is parkerized using Brownells manganese phosphate solution, as I wanted to mimic a 1911A1 finish.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Awesome!

I recently built the pictured Caspian Government Model in .45 caliber for my grandson, who is in the U.S. Army. The pistol features a Caspian slide and frame, EGW internals, Kart barrel, Novak sights, and serrated front and rear straps. The highlight is the Army Star engraved on the right rear portion of the slide in honor of my grandson.

My pistol building skills are ahead of my picture taking skills, so I hope you can still enjoy the pictures.
You have built a very handsome 1911! Your grandson shall be proud to carry this on his side!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, Gary, for your very kind words.

Mike

·
Registered
475 Posts
Great lookin'!! What a lucky grandson!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for your compliment.

The Grandson has been deployed, so I haven't been able to talk with him about shooting the pistol.

Mike

1 - 20 of 31 Posts