1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a caspian hi cap 40 at an auction. When a cartridge is racked into the chamber it is jammed pretty tight,You cannot eject it without extra effort. I can drop shells into the barrel and they plop in and fall out. Working the slide without cartridges it functions fine. I tried dropping the mag after a round is chambered and same thing. It has a full length guide rod and a storm lake bull barrel. I have cleaned and lubed it well and the slide stop shows no wear. honestly I'm stumped. The extractor seems to be fine.

·
Premium Member
12,286 Posts
I recently purchased a caspian hi cap 40 at an auction. When a cartridge is racked into the chamber it is jammed pretty tight,You cannot eject it without extra effort. I can drop shells into the barrel and they plop in and fall out. Working the slide without cartridges it functions fine. I tried dropping the mag after a round is chambered and same thing. It has a full length guide rod and a storm lake bull barrel. I have cleaned and lubed it well and the slide stop shows no wear. honestly I'm stumped. The extractor seems to be fine.
It sounds to me like there's something binding up, and something's not fit properly. I'm in the middle of a Caspian frame and slide build, and to tell the truth, fitting everything just right has been a royal PITA.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
You drop a round into the chamber in the barrel that is outside of the gun?
And the case is flush with the barrel hood or below flush slightly.

Racking the slide with no round is fine.

Only the round hangs the gun up and it is hard to get out of battery?

I wonder if the lock up may be higher than normal.
The relief opposite the extractor on the bolt face. any signs of brass hitting that surface holding the round down causing the bind?

Might try the slide barrel, bushing. no spring NO Hammer!
see that nothing else is in play.

geo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts