1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking into building a hi-cap 1911 in 9x23 and was wondering where I could get the Caspian Hi-cap mags in 38super. How much do they normally run? I heard from some good sources to make sure your mags are good if you want to have a reliable hi-cap.

thanks Cyric

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Cyric13...

Found this on the USPSA classified site..if you are interested

.38 Caspian Mags
Bill Sahlberg L1283 writes...
I have 5 like new .38 Super 19 rnd factory Caspian mags for sale. $85 ea. or all 5 for $400.
Email: <[email protected]>
Spokane, WA USA
Fri Nov 10 15:03:48 EST 2000

Yeah it seems double stack mags are a bit more finicky when it comes to running. That said, I used to own two caspian IPSC guns and Once I cleaned the weld, polished the feed lips and replaced the springs, I had no problems. even with the 25 and 27 round mags. I had a Springfield armory p9 and it ran fine with good springs. Now I have two SV guns in super with several mags. Only one has given me any problems. OAL of reloaded rounds also seem to be a factor in the feed cycle. Unfortunately hi caps are a scarce commodity and just seem to be getting harder to find.The Caspian is a nice frame to build a project on. Good luck

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
You can get Caspian hi cap mags from Rush USA. Brand new pre-ban mags are 79.95 each or 4 for $239.80 (That's basically 4 for the price of 3) Also includes Free Shipping.

(I've never dealt with this company, so I can't endorse them, but they sure have some good deals.)
http://www.rushusa.com/html/sale.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts