1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker on this forum, finally decided to post because my search for a CBOB in 10mm has turned up fruitless for several months now.

Does anyone know what the availability is of the new CBOB 10mm's? I understand there was a merger with CZ, but has that brought production to a stop?:scratch:

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
685 Posts
CBOB 10mm

Hey good luck on finding one of these, especially one with the internal extractor. I have been looking for one of these for 5-6 months when I first learned about these. There have been a couple of 45 CBOB's with external extractors available, but I am not interested in that. Again, WE CAN'T BUY THEM IF WE CAN'T FIND THEM!

· Registered
4,284 Posts
Something to keep in mind... DW is a small outfit.. Last I knew there were 17 employees.. That includes everyone. They may be associated with a big name marketer, but guys putting the guns together haven't changed.

You want quality or you want Kimber???

Did I say that?? Baaaaad Iggy!!! Shame on me!!!:dope:

· Registered
686 Posts
patient... patients are in mental institutions

Not sure if I am patient but I am persistent. Been sending an e-mail once a month for the last 5 months about the internal extractor CBOB 10. Last reply on Dec 2 was from Phil “The 10mm c-bobs are still a bit behind schedule but we hope to have them in production before the end of the year.”

· Registered
102 Posts
It's not the waiting that bugs me as much as the false adversiting. If the darn things can't be had, it's a pretty easy thing to take the "10mm" off the web page.

First I want one, then I'm pissed of because I can't get one.

I can get a used DE, and just send it off someplace for the same modifications. At least I know I'll get it back, and the cost isn't that much more. It irks me, that's all.

It's great some guys have them - but what is DW thinking? Torture is not good customer service.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can get a used DE, and just send it off someplace for the same modifications.
Exactly. I have a DE sitting in the safe. Each day that passes makes the length of the slide seem more and more manageable. It's not like the DW is a lightweight commander, which would be harder to pass up.

I've been running the math through my head on a bob-job and nightsights.

· Registered
8,380 Posts
It ain't false advertising if they've got them in the line-up. No different than Sig advertising the GSR for months before anyone could get them, etc.. Listen to Iggy. Personally, I'd keep my DE stock, as it's worth more that way. They're collector's guns, unless you have more than one (in which case it's always nice to have an elegant custom made out of one of them). But in the latter case, at least for most folks, you have an expensive custom, as opposed to a nice, everyday carry gun.

· Registered
4,284 Posts
I sure wouldn't cut up a Delta unless it's well used and needs a face lift..

That's the trouble with these young folks today (burp) There's damn little patience among the men and none in the wimmen!!! (snort!!) Now where's that durned jug!!:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
From what I've read here and elsewhere, I don't expect to see a new DW CBOB anytime soon. There's going to be a considerable backlog, and the gun is only getting more popular as time goes by.

So long as I'm being made to wait, maybe I'll wait a little longer and see if someone else comes up with a lightweight 10mm commander.

Tell me "Delta Commander" doesn't bring a smile to your face. Or how about "10mm Compact CDP"?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.