1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CBOB is awesome and feeds any ammo I give it, however the one issue I've identified is it will not load a round by slingshotting the slide with a Shockbuf installed - though it will load a round using the slide release.

I am wondering if I should run without Shockbuf's or run with them as the gun has been reliable in all other respects with them.

Anyone have input?

Luke

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
I have never used the buffy thang. Why are you using it if I may ask? :)

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Buffers are considered 'iffy' in less than 5" guns, limiting slide travel by the thickness of the buffer....; sub -5" pistols might have no remaining slide travel left, as you've discovered.

I'd not use one in a carry pistol, but, certainly they can cushion the frame from repeated impacts in practice fire. I've had one installed in my Para Hi Cap for years with nary a stutter.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never used the buffy thang. Why are you using it if I may ask? :)
When I got into 1911's an experienced friend gave me Shockbuf's and told me of the benefits.

I never had issues with my Springfield Loaded, but my CBOB appears to have one issue - meaning not being able to "slingshot" the slide to feed a round.

I have removed the Shockbuf from my CBOB, but wanted to see what experience others had in this area.

Luke

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I tried a shockbuff once. I spent a lot of time digging the little pieces of soft plastic out of my pistol when it squished and came apart and generally invaded the inside workings of my pistol. It was probably a cheap knockoff as some guy at the range gave it to me to try. I've never had the urge to use one again. :biglaugh:
Good luck!
Sarge

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Most people don't know the proper way to install shockbuffs.
Here is the way in three steps.

1. If you are right handed, put the buff in your right hand.
2. Walk out your back door.
3. Throw the shockbuff as far as you can.

For lefties use the other hand and the front door.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Most people don't know the proper way to install shockbuffs.
Here is the way in three steps.

1. If you are right handed, put the buff in your right hand.
2. Walk out your back door.
3. Throw the shockbuff as far as you can.

For lefties use the other hand and the front door.

I love it!!!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Dangerous,
You actually caught me with that one. I thought "Oh, I didn't know there was a certain way you had to install it", so I started reading. Then I started laughing. Good one! :biglaugh:
Sarge

·
Registered
666 Posts
I confess, I have used Shokbufs. Not long ago I had feeding trouble in one of my Government models and quickly figured out it was from the Shokbuf not letting the pistol function as it was designed to do. When I got home, wen't through my 1911's and removed the few that were installed.

Way back when, I thought Mr Wilson was selling them so they must be good (drinking the Kool--Aid).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts