1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started with the SigP226 and then a SigP229, both in 9mm...felt life was lacking and empty so filled the gaping hole with a DW CBOB...life is good. Have been cleaning, lubing and dry cycling and it's MUCH smoother now...can't wait until Saturday!!

This is a great place to learn and thanks for all the info on DW's that helped me make my decision to get one.

G

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Very nice family there! I have an early run Sig229 myself. Good shooting weapon. Congrats on the CBOB! I think you'll find it to be all you hoped for. :rock:
Sarge

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Welcome GM. There are more great Dan Wessons out there so don't stop now. I see maybe 2 guns that could help you finance another Dan. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
nice collection. I recently added a cbob to my stable including a 229... they play well together :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome GM. There are more great Dan Wessons out there so don't stop now. I see maybe 2 guns that could help you finance another Dan. :)

No way!! Love the Sigs too! I understand that gun collections MUST be in ODD numbers, so that means I have to get two at a time to make it FIVE!!

Right? ??:)

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Yep. And go ahead and keep the others. They are good ones too "I GUESS". :)

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Welcome to the DW Forum, one Mod. is a Master PistolSmith (Dave),
and one member is a Custom Pistol Grip Maker (Sarge43).
We will give you info, and our opinions, and yes, we joke around sometimes.

Nice looking Trio you have there. Looking forward to your first range report w/pics...............

Clyde

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
Sigs, then DWs...

from one expensive gun to another

...but don't tell any of those crazy COTEP nutjobs that I shoot anything other than a 1911:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is that a 229 SCT? I have one of those, great pistol .
Yes, the P229 9mm, is Tool #2, with Trijicons = Deadly in the Dark.
See target below from a recent training session on shooting in low light and entire darkness...29/30 rounds hit center mass...OUCH!

My CBOB has Trijicons also, so I expect the same results, just bigger holes!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts