1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok-so you probably know where this is going. I am the same guy who posed this question about the Valor-and then bought # 190.

2009 CBOB or wait for 2010?

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
No brainer. Buy now. Right now. Anything around a grand is going to be the good old days soon.:biglaugh:

·
Banned
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No brainer. Buy now. Right now. Anything around a grand is going to be the good old days soon.:biglaugh:
Trouble is I would be happy to pay a couple hundred more for a forged frame, egw bushing , Heinie Ledge sights and Greider trigger (if all that comes to be).:confused:

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
The only thing I would change on mine would (and will be) the sights. Also keep in mind the CBOB will only be sold in California. Might muddy the waters for the rest of us.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Dammit - buy it now or you will pay $200 - 300 more come next month.

Saw one just a few days ago at a local gun shop in Phoenix for $989.00 - probably less than $1050.00 out the door with tax.

The difference between cast & forged frames is not something you will ever notice!

Trust me! I used to work for the goverment!!!!!

·
Banned
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just picked one up a few weeks ago for 989 shipped:rock:
If I could find one for the same, I know I would do it now. There is one for $999 plus shipping on GB, but the seller wouldn't answer my questions-so I will find one elsewhere.

·
Banned
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Give Whittakers Guns (KY) a call, I believe that they had another one...

debby @ 270-229-0140

http://www.whittakerguns.com/
I bought a Valor from them today. I asked if they had any CBOBs and they said no-on further reflection, I should have asked if they had a Bobtail. I will call them again tomorrow.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
are there any other weapons with considerable demand (any manufacturer) that are only sold in cali and get auctioned off at a premium to the rest of the country?

i mean im sure there are but im ignorant and just asking.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just get it now...if you can, of course. But I'm sure you wouldn't be asking if you couldn't buy now; so buy now :D You'll love it :rock:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dammit - buy it now or you will pay $200 - 300 more come next month.

Saw one just a few days ago at a local gun shop in Phoenix for $989.00 -

If it was the shop I'm thinking of, I just put it on layaway. I think I may have liked a 10mm better, but this will be my first .45, might as well start out right.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Gsquare,

Good going man! It's about time somebody picked up that little poorboy - it was getting awful lonely in that glass case.

You are going to love that gun, and you just saved yourself a couple hundred off of next years prices.

Maybe we'll cross paths out a Ben Avery one day.

·
Banned
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay-I couldn't wait-just bought an 09 CBOB. My wife thanks you guys for all your "good advice". :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
You did good! I have a brand new CBOB in a .45 and couldn't be happier!

·
Banned
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys. I paid a premium for it, but I have been wanting one for a while now.

·
Banned
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dumbell2, I see you are in Houston. Did you get your new CBOB from Collectors Firearms?
I was in Collectors this week (fantastic collection of 1911s)-they had a Valor (at $1575) and no CBOB- I bought if from Classic Arms and Archery

1 - 20 of 28 Posts