1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It IS TODAY...three days of racking, lubing, cleaning and repeat...no burrs, rubs or anything on the frame/rails can be seen.

My new DW CBOB goes on the line this morning...pics to come.

Anticipation is killing me...will I be able to step up to excellence and handle this fine piece of steel?

Will 100-150 rounds be enough to satisfy me?:)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
With 100-150 rounds you will know that you made the right decision to purchase a CBOB.

It will give you an idea of the guns accuracy and a wanting to get more Dan Wesson 1911's.

You will be addicted.

Welcome to the club.

Luke

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Welcome GM. :) No, 100 rounds is only the start. Bring more or lots of money to buy more. You wont want to quit. Good shootin to ya. :)

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
If the range sells DW's, do your wife a favor and leave all credit cards and the checkbook at home. :biglaugh:
Have fun! We look forward to the report and pics when you get back.
Sarge

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
If the range sells DW's, do your wife a favor and leave all credit cards and the checkbook at home. :biglaugh:
Have fun! We look forward to the report and pics when you get back.
Sarge
+1 to what Sarge just posted. Have fun at the range, 100 to 150 is just a start.............

Clyde

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
+1 to what Sarge just posted. Have fun at the range, 100 to 150 is just a start.............

Clyde
I'm back, stunned at the raw power of the 1911ACP...

I bought some 230gr reloads from the store, lead ball for $20/50box.
I have some factory coming in the UPS truck on Monday. Having said that, I had four FTF and two FTE, could be the ammo or me most likely not used to the .45 recoil. I also had several slides fail to lock on empty, however, that went away after the first four mags.

Such a sweet trigger and as you can see on the paper, I was moving around a bit, mostly to see if it shot where I aimed it...yep. This will take a little more getting used to. Only 100rds today, I am shooting again tomorrow so I saved 150rds for tomorrow.

Here's the pics. Any observations you may have a quite welcome.

G

FIRST Mag of .45 ever...

SECOND set of 8..

Eat That!!

That's Enough for now...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Sure makes you feel like your holding in your hands something that's going to do the job should you ever really need a gun..and pretty too..

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
Yeppers,... it's not a 9mm.:biglaugh: That oughta get er' done. Welcome!

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
I took my 10MM CBOB out today for first time. 50 rds, 5 FTF and 4 FTL Open after last round. PMC 170 gn JHP and Hornady 155 gn JHP.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Sunday Night Shootin' 11/15/09

Went Sunday night shootin' with the CBOB.
Put another 100 rounds through her with NO FTE, FTF...the ONLY problem I have now is the slide will NOT lock back after the final round. It locks back on an empty mag just fine...

I have one box o'fifty left of the reloads from the gunstore and I have a brick of factory ACp coming tomorrow. Once I shoot some factory loads we'll see how that slide behaves.

Shot the gun pretty wet and re-oiled after 50 rounds, dang I like this thing. It takes a bit more discipline than my Sigs, especially maintaining a firm grip during recoil, that may also be contributing to the slide not locking open.

My instructor tonight was very favorable with my groups and I earned a nice little Marksman [email protected]

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
1911 45s just kick some serious ass don't they. :rock: Good shootin there partner. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts