1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer says he has a Dan Wesson bob tail commander that is some sort of special edition. Black (not sure if its bluing or a coating), special grips. he wants $1290 for it.
I don't recall seeing such a thing mentioned here. Can anyone tell me more about it? Unfortunately it was not available for me to view, but if its really cool I might buy the critter.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Maybe a two tone 10mm ... there are still a few of those around.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Didn't the two tones that first hit the shelves get out with unbobbed grips? Hogue flame pattern or something else that was on the gaudy side? That would be pretty special.

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
Maybe a two tone 10mm ... there are still a few of those around.
I just seen one at the Bullet Hole:barf: here in KC.... they wanted $1500 for it.:eek: Said it was a custom gun.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I just seen one at the Bullet Hole:barf: here in KC.... they wanted $1500 for it.:eek: Said it was a custom gun.:rolleyes:
The one here in Connecticut is at $1300. Looks really nice but I'm not in the market for a Ten.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Limited edition

Wasn't there a limited run of CBOBs finished with the same finish as the Valor, the "Black CBOB". Same gun, stainless with the ceramic coating. I don't know how many were made.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Wasn't there a limited run of CBOBs finished with the same finish as the Valor, the "Black CBOB". Same gun, stainless with the ceramic coating. I don't know how many were made.
Thats exactly right, some where cerakoted like the Valor, others were done in the desert tan flavor.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I wanna see a picture of one. Someone here must have one. Let's see one :rock:

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
there are several cbob 10mm two tones on gunbroker.
search "dan wesson 10mm" and youll get at least one.
they dont like auction links or i would just serve one up.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Well I have a 2tone cbob 10mm. I haven't heard of a factory "all black" other than the Valor and CCO. So if there is a special edition, I wanna see mmmmk.

P.S. Using the search function now :rolleyes:;)

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
DW made some CBOBs that CZ subsequently painted with a cheap, spray-on coating last year. The coating was not Cerakote, but a cheap paint that wears quickly. These also came with different grips, IIRC, a cheap, golf-ball pattern grip. These were not at all a custom CBOB. In fact, they never made a splash at all, as many wondered why a beautiful ss pistol would be coated with a cheap, spray on paint. Sorry.

·
Banned
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bummer. I'm thinking its probably one of those CCO's. I guess I'll see it on Saturday but doesn't sound like what I'm looking for.
Funny, he's usually pretty sharp and definitely referred to it as a "bob tailed Commander" and said they were only able to get two or three of them.
But if its not right, then let the search continue.

·
Banned
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As it turned out the pistol in question was a CCO. Nice pistol, just not what I was looking for. guess I'll hold out for a CBOB.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There's some NIB two tone CBOBs on Gunbroker in 10mm. The slides are black ceramic coat...same as Valor. Night sights, etc...very cool.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts