1911Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have lusted over the CBOB since shooting my fathers. Well, the 1911 gods were smiling upon me this last week because a friend my dad shoots with was in need of some money to fund his daughters wedding. So.......he calls my dad, asks if I'd be interested in buying his CBOB? I ask how many rounds has he put through it and has he had any issues? He tells me......200 rds (not even truly broken in yet), and ZERO issues. Finally I ask the all important......HOW MUCH? I about fell over when he said $700 :rock:.........without a seconds hesitation I became a proud CBOB owner. Here are a few pics.....with a range report to follow this weekend.

I love the checkered mainspring housing......I cannot wait to shoot this baby!!!

Take care, Mike Arnold

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Congrats Mike. Have fun. :)

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Hi Mike,

Congratulations on your CBOB! Beautiful gun and what an excellent deal let us know how it goes once you shoot your new baby.

I purchased my CBOB a couple of weeks ago and have put 100 flawless rounds through my new baby.

Enjoy and be safe.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Welcome to the DW Forum, one Mod. is a Master PistolSmith (Dave),
and one member is a Custom Pistol Grip Maker (Sarge43).
We will give you info, and our opinions, and yes, we joke around sometimes.

Clyde
BTW Glad to see you got a CBOB, outstanding price............... Lucky Stiff....

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
Hey Mike, Welcome to our forum and congrats on a great score!

While we do appreciate the initial pics, you know a range report (with pics) had better be coming pronto! :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes... it is a 360 degree idiot mark......not a big concern in my book cause its a go gun not a show gun.

I will definitely post a range report soon!!

Thanks for the welcome guys and glad to be here.

Take care, Mike Arnold

·
Hold my beer & watch this
5,570 Posts
You got a smokin' deal! For $700, I could live with that scratch. It's cleaned up easily enough.

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
$700?? Wit only 200 rnds new grips and a new EB MSH? Get outta town...

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
$700?? Wit only 200 rnds new grips and a new EB MSH? Get outta town...
Yeah, and If you found that deal, its already got the scratch so you wouldnt have to put one on it would ya:eek:.. Even Better!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hmmm, if I was the seller, I think I would have gotten rid of my daughter instead :eek:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Thanks for the pics..I was thinking about a checkered housing for my CBOB..Several smiths told me that the profile is different on the housings so they don't blend perfectly with the frame when changed..It's hard to tell from your pic... I went and looked closer though and they are different..The smooth housing is rounded,and the checkered one drops to a corner/heel..
it looks good in the pics though..The heel looks like it sticks a little past the frame...

you said"I love the checkered mainspring housing......I cannot wait to shoot this baby!!!" you'll be smilin' after the first mag
Let us know how the checkering feels shooting please..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts