1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who wear overalls, how do you carry? The only thin I can think of is an ankle holster (which is not practical w/ a commander sized pistol). Maybe some sort of Back support-type rig?

p.s. no fanny packs. I'm laughing like hell, thinking of someone wearing overalls and a fanny pack at the same time.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
When I wear em, I just wear shorts underneath and use an ICW :) Then tuck my shirt over the whole rig.

·
Premium Member
20,302 Posts
Check out www.smartcarry.com for the perfect overall holster. No kidding, it's perfect! Leave one or two buttons on the side open, just looks like you're adjusting the tools when you're actually drawing! :p

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AZ Husker said:
...just looks like you're adjusting the tools when you're actually drawing! :p
Only one tool resides in my overalls ;) Seriously, that does look pretty clever. Practically speaking, that seems like the only type of rig that would be comfortable w/ overalls.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Hehehehe Forstr :)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AZ Husker said:
We'll want to see photos! :cool:
Sorry, they're copyrighted: I can't post them without express written consent of my wife. BTW, y'all must get freaky out there in AZ...is it the heat?:D

·
Registered
230 Posts
what i was thinkin'

i wear overalls sometimes twice a week,and i had pretty much given up on being able to "carry" while wearing them,thanks for the post and suggestions...BTW,i dont carry Yet.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whiterhino said:
How about a pocket holster? Check out Milt Sparks and PCS at URL=http://www.lightningarms.com]
...With a compact (4" slide)? Talk about a pocket rocket!:eek:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, yeah, AZ: I forgot to mention that I could have gone my whole life without seeing "charlie" with his pants down on smartcarry.com, and died a happy man. Now I'm scarred for life. Thanks a bunch!

·
Premium Member
20,302 Posts
He does pack a big pistol! Nice to see a man using his own products. :p

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
hehehehe ;) :)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The innuendo is so thick in here, it'd take a demo saw to cut it.

How do you take a leak with that rig? seems like if your wearing overalls it wouldn't be a big deal (just adjust your tool, haha), but if you have it underneath pants/tucked in shirt, etc. it seems like it'd be a big production. Lord, all we need now is a thread on how to take a 'tactical' pee.

·
Premium Member
20,302 Posts
I find to maintain a proper "condition orange" a catheter works best.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
...Still skeptical. I have a real knack for buying things that turn out not to be what I wanted, or didn't serve the purpose I wanted them to, and that's even being able to try it on/out first. With a carry rig, it's expensive (for good quality) and once you've bought it, that's it. I wish I could be in a room with a couple of guys on this forum, cuz there would proabably be one of everything made, that I could try out. I guess a gun show is the next best thing though.

·
Premium Member
20,302 Posts
OK, I'll be serious.

I do have a Smartcarry holster and it's very useful in some circumstances. I use it when I'm in elastic-waistbanded shorts or sweatpants. Great way to carry! It'd work really well in overalls too. I don't like it with jeans or other belted pants. I find it hard to draw from then. I was surprised to hear from a female member (Vicky) that she loves hers. I imagine they would be wonderful under a skirt also?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I switch to the small frame and keep it in the hip pocket. Hides real well there.

·
Premium Member
20,302 Posts
Nine months? That's an awful long winter. :confused:
Congratulations Vicky & Dave!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts