1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned from the Colt Collectors Assoc Show at Kansas City, MO. About 194 tables. Good crowd and good member participation. Most displays had revolvers, mostly SAAs. There were quite a few 1911s and 1911A1s. Cheapest 1911A1 I saw was a decent one for about $995. The price went up to between $2500-$3000 for 95% and better. The lowest price I saw for a 1911 was about $1400 or so. The price went up depending on if it was a Navy model and the condition. I saw a nice one for $2650 but I couldn't tell if it was refinished or not.
There were virtually no 1911 parts. There was one set of 1911 stocks (well used but not abused) for $100, which I bought. I was looking for a used HP barrel with a mint bore (for a Colt under SN 400,000) but no 1911 barrels available. There were almost no 1911A1 parts available but quite a few WW II plastic stocks and magazines. There were a lot of 1911 mags for sale for $45 (worn w/ old surface rust) and $55 for worn ones but no real rust. The 1911 mags were on display Thursday night during set-up but gone by mid day Friday. The concensus seemed to be that the 1911/1911A1 beginning prices have gone up about $100 or so dollars in the past couple of years. There were probably about 7-10 1911s for sale and about the same number of 1911A1s. I saw a NIB WW I repro and a WW II repro for sale and I believe the asking price was about $1200 or so for the 1911 and about $1100 for the'A1.
There were many excellent collections on display, one of the largest being the Colt Govt .38 super. All guns looked brand new and there were dozens on display. One collection consisted of Colt SAA shipping boxes of the 1800s and another collection was Colt gun catalogues from the late 1800s up to now.

·
Registered
693 Posts
We got there Friday about 1030. If you were a SAA or percussion collector you could see a lot of very nice stuff. The 38 Super display was pretty amazing. Also a lot of recently manufactured Colt pistols of various kinds.

I didn't see any parts either beyond some WWII grips. I looked at all the two tones left at that time, mostly Colt with an A or B here and there. I wish I could have been there earlier when they had them all out.

I think there were probably as many 1902 and 1905 types as there were 1911 and 1911A1s. At least one 1905 with a shoulder stock. There was a 1905 along the wall that was as close to 100% as I will probably ever see. I hope the price was as high as I ever see also. I won't quote the amount because I surely didn't read the tag correctly.

I saw a really nice four digit 1911 Army that wasn't for sale and several other nice ones also. I didn't handle many because I was there primarily to look and to see what the show was like. A few of the sale pistols viewed at arms length looked possibly refinished or built up. However those were the exception.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.