1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered from Natchez Shooters Supplies? I see people posting about Natchez Shooters Supplies a lot in reference to good pricing, but nothing much of their satisfaction in ordering.

I'm about to place an order with them. I want to try out some CCI Blazer (aluminum, not brass). I've been shooting Winchester white box 230 grain hardball with minimal issues. I'm tired of supporting Wal-Mart. I almost feel guilty purchasing ammo from them on a regular basis. I do not reload and have no intentions of reloading. I want something reliable. I don't want Wolf due to steel casing, reports of it being dirty, and the fact it's not USA made. However, you won't see me on here bashing Wolf - if that's what you want to use, that's fine with me. I've read that CCI Blazer is USA made, isn't too dirty, and is slightly a hotter round than some other manufacturers.

It's $8.10 per 50 round box, and if you order 10 or more boxes, they are $7.89 per box.

So whaddya think? You like Natchez Shooters Supplies? You like CCI Blazer? The prices seem good? It's the best I can find for CCI Blazer.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have ordered 2 cases of it from Natchez in the past 4 months or so. I caught them with a $6.99/box of 50 sale.:cool:
The shipping on one case, to Northwest Florida was ~$20 and delivery was 3-4 days after ordering.
As soon as it goes on sale again I will buy another case or two.
Good luck. :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've ordered the aluminum cased Blazer from Natchez several times with no complaints.

The brass cased Blazer I bought recently, on the othe hand... :mummy:

·
Registered
720 Posts
I've purchased in bulk twice (1,500, then 2,000 rounds Blazer 230s .45 at a time) with no difficulties.

JeffVN

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Blazer Aluminum does burn very clean and is loaded on the warm side, although it is not a +P load. Maybe blazer is loaded warmer across all calibers to help the aluminum expand to let the bullet break free of the case. The only downside is it's not relaodable. Try some and I think you will like it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I've ordered Leupold scopes from them and their service cannot be beat!

Before I started reloading, I shot CCI Blazer exclusively. I've never had a problem with it and yes, it's on the warm side.

Under $8 a box for .45? Boy, that's almost worth it to just not have to pick up brass and mess with reloading!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've run thousands of rounds of Aluminum CCI Blazer 230 gr FMJ through my 1911 without a single hiccup. I've ordered from both Natchez and Midway based on whichever is less expensive at the time. It is currently a couple of bucks cheaper at Midway. However, I've had nothing but great service from both.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Terrato:

I hope I got that right. What was your issue with Blazer Brass? I was considering using it to build up a cache of brass to reload?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Runner2 - I've reloaded the Blazer Brass cases for years now. I have at least 15-20 reloads on some of the cases, and have never lost a case other than for a slight crack at the leading edge of the case (which I suspect is a result of belling and crimping the case).

Then again, I run my handloads pretty soft (4.2 grains Bullseye & Montana Gold 230s)

JeffVN

·
Registered
877 Posts
snakeyez77 said:
So whaddya think? You like Natchez Shooters Supplies? You like CCI Blazer? The prices seem good? It's the best I can find for CCI Blazer.
NatchezSS.com is great! I've ordered from them many times and never had any problems.

I've used Blazer 9mm, and it was excellent ammo and quite accurate in my Springfield. The price is not much better than cheaper brass-cased, though, so it's not really worth it. I can't comment on the .45ACP.

I'd also like to know what the problems with the brass-cased Blazer .45ACP were.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The men at Natchez are honorable businessmen who stand by their advertising word. I would not hesitate to conduct business with them again in the future.

As for Blazer 230, it certainly is hot stuff! No softball loads here; you get what you expect with this ammunition. It is reliable and exceptionally clean - which is very important to anyone who appreciates the 1911 pistol. Make sure that your 1911 does not have an altered mainspring or hammer as the hard CCI primer requires a healthy strike from the hammer (the way it should be). Far too many people try to alter their 1911s rather than leave them in the correct, original configuration.

I do not trust brass cases however. I think it would be more prudent to insist on the time-proven aluminum cased .45 rather than this new brass cased stuff.

Regards,

D.C. Johnson

·
Registered
116 Posts
I ordered a total of 3,000 rounds of pistol ammo from them and the price was right on the ammo. Unfortunately, shipping was $40.00. :barf:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went ahead and ordered 10 boxes of 50 round CCI Blazer .45 ACP 230 GR FMJ for $7.89 each as well as a 20 round box of Hornady .444 Marlin 265 GR FP for $22.22 for my dad. The shipping was $15.74 and insurance was $0.80, so my order total was $101.12. Not too bad.

I'm getting the ammo I want, American made, and I'll be supporting an independent sporting goods store rather than Wal-Mart. I'm not paying sales tax either.

I placed my online order late Saturday night (11/5/2005) and I received an email this morning (11/7/2005) saying my order had been processed and would be shipped soon (gave me tracking info). I feel good really good about it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got 'em!

As I stated earlier, I placed my order late Saturday night (11/5/2005) and I received the order this morning (Wednesday, 11/9/2005) via UPS. Everything was as it should be. I'll definitely order from Natchez Shooters Supplies.

I haven't shot any of the CCI Blazer yet, as I have a box of Winchester white box I have to finish off first. I have high hopes of the CCI Blazer though.

Two thumbs up!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Natchez is a First-Rate outfit as far as I'm concerned. I've been a customer since the late '80's and have never had a problem.

-Tim

·
Registered
1 Posts
Natchez is great. They won't disappoint you.

The .45 Blazer Alum. is good stuff too. Runs well in my 1911s and is as clean and warm as it's reputation suggests.

·
Registered
185 Posts
TY44934 said:
I do not trust brass cases however. I think it would be more prudent to insist on the time-proven aluminum cased .45 rather than this new brass cased stuff.

Regards,

D.C. Johnson
:confused: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had the same thought-brass=new stuff, aluminum=time proven :scratch: ? Along the lines of the original thread, I just purchased 5000 rounds from Natchez and it was $8.33 a box if you ordered 10 or more boxes. I had intended to wait until it was on sale, but after looking around decided to go ahead and buy now. I had heard that ammo was going up across the board. An example would be that I had been able to buy CCI Blazer 9mm here in Texas at all Academy Sporting Goods stores for $3.86 a box and now it has jumped to $4.99 a box. The Blazer .45 ACP is $9.98 a box and when you add in sales tax, the amount I purchased would have came to $1080.34. I got it from Natchez for $833.00 plus $132.50 shipping and $4.50 handling. It came to $970.04 total and saved me $110.30 and it even saved me gas and time, since my nearest Academy is around 60 miles away. Not bad savings, when you figure it was just a little computer time. I had asked them at Academy if they had a better price by buying a large amount and they said it was the same price whether you bought 1 box or 1000 boxes. My ammo also arrived here about as quick as you could expect. I ordered it on 1/31/06 and it arrived on 2/2/06. I am now in the process of applying for my FFL 01, so maybe that will help save a little more. With the guns I have planned on purchasing, it won't take long to offset the $200.00 for the FFL.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts