1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received a case of CCI brass 45acp, I bought the brass because I thought it would be better than the silver case CCI, I have to say upon examination, this stuff is well I dont want to be so harsh at this point. I have what amount to almost a box full that the round is set way to deep in the case. I contacted CCI and there going to replace it:I must say there customer service is top notch.

·
Registered
816 Posts
1k9 said:
you dont have to use a caliper, there that deep on some.
"Brass cased.

personally I call BS. I have bought several boxes (before I started reloading)
and have found CCI Blazer brass to be the cleanest burning most accurate factory ammo out there. The OAL is consistant 1.260-62 with every one I checked.

If you havent checked OAL with a caliper then your observation dont mean squat to me.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Don't worry about it, just send it to me I'll properly dispose of it all, I'll even ship you the brass back if you want it once I've taken care of the crummy deep seated bullets. You can shoot the aluminum cci stuff while I'm fixing up the case you don't like.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
1911snob your quote
"personally I call BS. I have bought several boxes" //
shows you what you know.
I can only go by what I see.

Here is a pic of a handfull/
CCI wants it all back and are going to replace it with Lawman ammo/

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I think I remember of hearing about a problem with weak crimps on some Blazer Brass. I wonder if somebody dropped it?

I use a lot of the aluminum Blazer and it has been awesome. :rock:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Didn't need the calipers after all. Bad crimp and inertia was my first thought as well. I would love to hear CCI's explaination, and know what lots to avoid.
At least CCI is making it right. Over the decades, I've found CCI one of the better brands.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Definitely bad crimps and the thought that they may have been dropped base down it may account for the bullets pushed back in the cases. Looks terrible let us know what they say about the ammo and lot numbers. I usually reload and rarely use factory ammo except for carry and home defense. I do practice with 230gr ball to simulate my 230gr Golddot defense ammo ocassionally and usually buy whats cheapest S&B CCI brass case Win White box or Rem UMC. Hope they pay the shipping for you both ways.

·
Registered
114 Posts
1911snob said:
personally I call BS. I have bought several boxes (before I started reloading)
and have found CCI Blazer brass to be the cleanest burning most accurate factory ammo out there. The OAL is consistant 1.260-62 with every one I checked.

If you havent checked OAL with a caliper then your observation dont mean squat to me.

I've had similar issues with Blaser, and I love Blaser. You don't need a claiper. Just open the box and scan the bases in the plastic holder and pluck out the obviously short ones. I thought it was due to rough handling by UPS. Now I know CCI must have had some production issues at some point.

p.s. you'd have to be stone blind to need a caliper for this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.