1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cover story! A very good article and great pics in the latest issue of Combat Handguns magazine. The CCO is definitely at the top of my wish list!

My interest and eventual purchase of my Valor began with a magazine article. I am confident that this article will generate more interest among the shooting public and make the CCOs even harder to find!

Congrats to Keith and the Dan Wesson crew for continuing to make such fine firearms!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Great...... I guess I can give up my hopes of ever finding another one huh? :bawling:
Oh well, you can't keep good news from spreading. The CCO is a great weapon! I hope you can find one of your own before they all get snatched up by the magazine commando's!
Good luck!
Sarge

·
Registered
435 Posts
My issue of CH arrived yesterday and it has definitely peaked my interest for a CCO, maybe DW could learn from ticketmaster and hold the good ones back for later release to "preferred customers"...:biglaugh:

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'll have to go pick one up. I knew the gun was special from fondling it, but didn't think it would get the cover due to low production and gun politics. I guess CZ backing them brought them into a new light.

A huge grats to Keith and the rest of the DW crew on the word getting out about an excellent business.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
Tons of pistols have been sold by making it onto a cover of a magazine.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Problem is that when they end up in a magazine, they talk them up but you can't get one. Good press for the company, sucks for us that want one.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I am really glad that I got #17 as early as possible. As said before after holding and fondling the gun for just a few minutes I know why the magazine folks decided to feature the CCO!! The look, feel and shootability of this weapon os second to none.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don't waste your money on the mag.
The article is lame.
The author blabs on for two pages about gov't vs. commander vs. officer and
then writes 3 paragraphs on the gun.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Yea, that picture will make a hard to find gun harder to find.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
The article is lame.

Bout normal for gun rags. That's one of the reasons I don't read them. Well except for the Awerbuck and Smith articles but those are usually about training and not guns.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The article is lame.

Lame ....maybe for someone that already owns a CCO.......but for those of us who are less fortunate, it is an opportunity for a little more info from a different point of view and a few new pictures to "drool" over.

Also....some well deserved recognition for the Dan Wesson crew and another one of their great products.

Anyway....thanks for your pic......very nice overlay!

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
Which is how they sell magazines, pretty pictures and a fluff piece.

But some folks love that.

Did they fire the gun?:biglaugh:

I would like them to take a properly lubed new gun, load it with ball and shoot 500 rounds. Then load it with HP's of different sorts and shoot another 500. Then tell us how it worked and how many issues they had.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The author basically said that since he had no ammo due to the current scare he only tested like 4 brands and shot at 12-15yds since it wasn't a match gun:barf:
He did mention at 12yds all groups were 3 inches or less.

It was a very favorable piece but could have been more thorough.

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
The author basically said that since he had no ammo due to the current scare he only tested like 4 brands and shot at 12-15yds since it wasn't a match gun:barf:
He did mention at 12yds all groups were 3 inches or less.

It was a very favorable piece but could have been more thorough.
That is because he is a writer and not a shooter. Those run rags are sickening.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts