1911Forum banner

CCO Colt information.

1244 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  greysky
Sincere thanks to all who shared there hard earned experience and knowledge on this pistol. I finally got some time off and took it to the range yesterday, the gun is a real "shooter". The advice that the gun would shoot better than I can shoot proved certainly on the mark. Thanks again for the help and best regards. Greysky. I
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
264 Posts
HEY GREYSKY:GUNNUTS HERE,I know where one is at,and I'm not telling!going to buy it on 6-29 if it is still there?this one is the stainless looking alloy frame,what is yours? I've read they also came in blue alloy,please let me know if your front sight comes loose in the dovetail,and what ammo it likes best, wt.bullet and brand,thay were made in 98 only I've been told.good luck with your new old colt,the one I found is NIB.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Gunnuts, I'm not exactly sure when this one was made the serial number is LW087XXX. A friend of mine in law enforcement is fixing to retire and did me a favor by letting me buy the C.C.O. I have been shooting 200gr. H&G #68 SWC from Lazer Cast. Using Win 231 with a CCI primer, feeds perfect and I figure this will not be too hard on the blue alloy frame. Read some post in the archives that possible feed ramp damage may accur from a steady diet of the jacketed hollow point ie. Golden Sabers. So far no trouble with the front site; however the white paint fell out of the left rear. The moderator gave me a good tip on white out for replacement, works well. I would like to have some tritium inserts put in holes, anyone that knows who would do that sure would be appreciated. Will eventually probably upgrade to Heinies. Have you checked out Robert Hunters Officers model upgrade, now thats the ticket. His web address is diffinitely worth checking out, he is very friendy and knowledgeable gentleman. Hope you enjoy that Colt. Best regards Greysky

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.