1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have started testing the new CCO this past weekend and it is performing excellent. Some of the features are:

1) All Stainless Steel forged construction
2) External Extractor
3) .45 acp / Special runs in 9mm, 40 S&W & 10mm
4) STI trigger
5) Barrel has bushing, no bull barrel
6) Fixed XS express night sights

More to come!!!

Thanks,
Bob
DWF
:) :) :)

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Uh Oh!!

Sounds like some more critters are gonna have to take that last truck ride :D

Gonna have to do some chewin' on that external extractor though!

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Diver

My RZ came with X/S express sights. Phil said they were the same as the Novak cut. I replaced the rear with a Heinie with Novak cuts, and it worked fine..

Heinies #360 and #365 should work.. depending if you want lights or not.

Now the question is, did DW modify the front sight cut to fit the X/S front sight or did they modify the sight to fit a DW cut.. When I get that figgered out, I'm gonna do some switching there too.

I got the "Novak style" fixed sights on my RZ specifically to enable me to do some switching around, and it worked out fine.

The Express sights would be a good option on the CCO but I feel they weren't precise enough to do the RZ 10's reach out and and smack something capability justice, so I did some experimenting. I was right!!! :D

·
Registered
829 Posts
YES! Stainless frame, a barrel bushing and night sights!

Life is truly good!

Thank you Bob.

·
Registered
157 Posts
This sounds great!

My RZ is probably the best pistol I've ever owned. The CCO 10mm may even top my RZ.

My only comment would be that the extra weight of a bull barrel might help with the recoil/function of the 10mm CCO, increasing the time required for the barrel to unlock from the slide a bit (?). If it wouldn't offer much help there (or the pistol simply doesn't need it), I'd probably prefer the bushing as well.

Pictures and price estimates?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Re: Re: rbert0005

dpcdivr said:
For all you new folks 'round these parts, what Iggy's trying to explain is that he's now experiencing a rather common, Southern Wyoming phenomenon known as "Stump Blower Season"... :D :D :D

What is hell is stump blower season:)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Since I am within spitting distance to the south of Wyoming, I would say...looking at my 30' pine tree in the front yard, that it is "windy season".

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Wyoming's mythical version of White Lightning..

Ya kin drink it, remove paint with it or blow tree stumps outta the ground with it..
:biglaugh:
Also overcomes jitters of waiting for special runs of DW guns!!;)

glock35ipsc
A feller in Cheyenne kin spit some distance to the East most times, like about to Omaha :D

How far into CO are you?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh crap--I don't think I can wait for another 10mm from DW, last time nearly lost all of my sense (unlike Bren who did lose all of his:mummy: :mummy: ) but who knows--for a serial #64 to match up with my RZ, I might put myself through it again--hell, it was about this time last year I ordered it (one of the first, I might add) I could use a little stress, maybe I will call DW and see if I could get a matching serial # DW commander sized 10mm --I could use the contrversy--sweeeeet!!!!
Ha Iggy, hows it hanging, I thought you gave up drinking stump blower, winter set in early this year??
David

·
Registered
101 Posts
Re: Wyoming's mythical version of White Lightning..

Iggy said:
glock35ipsc
A feller in Cheyenne kin spit some distance to the East most times, like about to Omaha :D

How far into CO are you?
Right smack between Nunn and Wellington. My preferred Home Depot is in Cheyenne, 'cause it's faster to get to that one -vs- the one in Ft Collins!!

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
ddbtoth

Yeh well if there's another Special issue DW in the mill, I may have to bust open another jug!:D

glock35ipsc
Well we're dang near neighbors.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Small world Iggy! You might even know of a place I shot at up there once (a range, that is!).... I went to an indoor range up there to take a class for a Utah CCW permit. A Utah certified instructor lives there. It was a very nice indoor range next to a VFW post.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts