1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
Nice boring post to say that...

I took the CCO out for it's first run with new Novak tritium front sight and new Novak thumb safety installed...

I shot 100 rounds of WWB 230 gr FMJ ammo with zero problems.

I shot 21 rounds of 165 gr Winchester silvertip HP with zero problems.

I was breaking in a new Tripp mag, and it wouldn't drop free when ejected?
That is a prob, since I was going to use it as my primary carry mag, since it has no bumper (and thus sits flush to the grip frame).

But...if it won't drop free....won't work for carry.

The CCO performed flawlessly, was as accurate as I could shoot it, and I am in love with this beauty!

Oh, one more thing...NEVER bring a j frame to shoot on the same day as a 1911!! I'm selling my new j frame, after seeing how HORRIBLY i shot it, next to the 1911.

No fresh pics of today's session, but will post a gratuitous pic:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Yes, boringly accurate and consistent.
Same with my CCO.
Am also having mag drop issues.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Also have a Lightweight Defender, so it's mags and the CCO ones get used interchangeably.
Troublesome ones are stainless CheckMates.
Funny, because all my Colt (made by CheckMate) mags drop OK, as do the blued CheckMates.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I love my J frames, too. In the summer they are my main carry guns. I shoot them about as well, just not quite as fast as the autos.

A 1911 doesn't carry well on the ankle or in the pocket.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I bring J's to shoot with 1911's all the time....I shoot J frames better...its all how you practice and understand the weapon...

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
My advice is: Try other mags!

Oh, and J-frames are utterly disgusting. ;)

*not my M36

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Wiley Clapp and Wilson Combat. A perfect match!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I haven't noticed any problems with Tripp magazines in my CCO. Great gun - I put a Harrison trigger and Wilson safety on mine and plan to upgrade the sights in the future.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I also shot my CCO for the first time this past weekend along with my fullsize Wiley Clapp Gov't, AR 15, and Sig P238. After unloading two magazines in almost the same hole at 7 yards, I put the gun away in amazement. I was not nearly as accurate with the full sized Clapp.

After shooting both my SA Range Officer Compact 45 and this new WC CCO, I am convinced that I shoot better with the smaller 45's vs the full sized 1911's right now. The smaller 45's just feel better in my hands, and my groups are definitely tighter. Go figure.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts